Note to New Members ×

Wimpy southerners bracing ourselves...

SWriverstone

Yikes! The Ludlow, VT forecast says tomorrow (Wednesday) the highs will be 10-15 with winds 15-25mph and gusts up to 40mph. I love the cold and snow, but this sounds borderline brutal. :eek: (Wind chill down to 15 below.)

Is this a typical, balmy winter day for you folks from Maine and Vermont? Will anyone even hesitate to spend all day out in that? :) Is Okemo somewhat sheltered from the wind? Or can we expect to get blown backwards up the hill? :)

Just wondering---so we can set our "expectation meter!" (Yes, just bought bombproof new Mountain Hardware pants and already have heavy-duty mittens! Better pick up a balaclava for under the helmet though...)

Scott

PS - Looks like Okemo could get up to a foot of snow tonight...woohoo!

25-30" expected here today/tonight. WOOWOO!

Okemo isn't that bad for wind. Those winds are higher that normal, but I bet it will be fine on the mountain. That temperature is pretty normal for the winter. In the valleys there it can get extremely cold at night - I've seen -26ºF w/o windchill before - but it generally isn't too bad on the mountain.

In the Great White North, we actually do our snowsports when it's below freezing outside ;) :D

FYI: It is snowing/icing here in CT right now. Be careful on your way through. The forecast is for 4-6 inches of new snow in CT now through tonight.

Temps are dropping quickly, freezing all the rain we got last night/this morning.

Have fun at Okemo this weekend!!! :D