Note to New Members ×

Nidecker Custom GS178

Miltie

Just picked up a 2-3 year old Nidecker Custom GS178 in plastic. Noticed that the binding insert packs are much further toward the tail than my other boards. The board specs from Nidecker say the setback is 40 mm, however, when I measure it appears to be about 60 mm.

Does anyone have any experience with this board or possibly a GS177?

Just wondering if I should try to mount my bindings as far forward as possible. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!!

Tom

I have a 177 and have played around with the binding positions a bit since the pattern and stance width is different than my 183. I have been going all the way forward with the rear binding and 2nd to last (to the rear) insert set (does that make sense?) on the front foot giving me around a 19.25" stance width. Seems to work ok for me. You'll have to play around with it some to figure out what "feels good" to you. Your stance width, riding technique, etc. are going to dictate this. It did take a coulple of trials for me on this board to find the spot. It is a nice ride though - worth the experimenting. Have fun!

Kirk

I have a gs 174 and even with the front binding as far foward as I can get it, I still have a 30mm setback. The board rides just fine like that since I moved it up yesterday. In fact, I just had 2 of my best days yet on hardboots this weekend.

mario

Guest pcogan

miltie --

i've owned a nidecker 174, 177 (or 178, i don't remember) and a 170. i also currently ride a 183.

compared to other stock boards -- sims, volkl -- the nideckers ride further back. the 177 however, rides WAY back. when i purchased the board, i too measured it against all my other boards and found it be an anomaly, so much so i went to a shop and measured it against one of their, thinking perhaps the board was off. nope: same insert pattern.

i think they made a mistake on the inserts for the 177/8, based on the other nideckers i've owned. i found the board to be rideable, but i could not get adjusted to being so far back, regardless of how i played with the bindings.

so now tell me, how can i get ahold of one of those 178 burners???

pete cogan