Note to New Members ×

Hello from a Croatian carver

bibo

hi again

i have a skiing resort 2km from the place where i live but i don`t go boarding there because it`s always full of people. usually i go to Austria (Nassfeld, Schladming, Obertauren) or Italy (Folgaria, Livigno, San Pellegrino,Cortina). These places are aproximatly 100-150 miles away from my home.

go visit

www.skiwelt.at

www.rauris.net (small resort)

www.maria-alm.info (small resort without many people)

www.carving-ski.de (here u can find a list of good links for carving-although it`s a site for ski carving but its the same as snowboard carving)

kind regards, bibo

It's cool to hear from the people in other country's that carve/ride alpine. Could I ask you a couple of questions too?

How popular is alpine riding where you're from?

Where do you buy gear?

Is it televised regularly there? (racing)

Hope I'm not being to nosey, it's just that talking with people from half way across the world about something we all love to do is one of the things that makes this forum great.

Thanks,

Paul

Hi ar(arvangel !

You`re not bothering at all.

My opinion is that there should be or better there is no big difference in the percentage of alpine riders between Croatia and the States. There is a lot of boarders here, but carvers are rare. Usualy we get our equipment in Austria (100 miles from my home town Zagreb), the boards are F2, Blast, Nidecker, Volkl. U can buy F2, Nidecker and Phiokka bindings. Shoes are Deeluxe and UPZ. There are price cuts here at the end of the season, specialy for boards ( the last one I bougt was a new model of F2 Speedster RS board, that costed me 320Euro...Just to let U know the price at the start of the season was somwhere about 650Euro, and that is more than 50% discount).

And yes, I can watch snowboards races on the satelite. That should be everything.

And here is a link for the mountain in my town...

http://www.sljeme-skijanje.com/index.php?s=route#

cu,

bibo