Note to New Members ×

Do you listen to tunes when riding?

SWriverstone

Originally posted by willywhit

D sub, good stuff man. I just may put some of your stuff on my mp3 player to ride too. Not too loud of course, gotta be safe...lOOk up hill alot http://www.bastardbreaks.com/downloads/music/track01.mp3

dude. willy..uh...that song you linked to is almost ten years old!

Ive done much better since then!!!

flattered that you took the time to go listen tho. feel free to share anything you like, but please only do it directly (not on soulseek or any of those, k?)

Yeah, Underworld is great... Tin There, Pearls Girl... that's stuff I still listen to and enjoy now like 10 years later.

They're pretty good a the mixing stuff too... check out their Back To Mine album. I crap you not, they mix a sequence that's LTJ Bukem to Depeche Mode to Aphex Twin to Dead Presidents. Pure Genius!

heck I had NO idea so many people were into electronic music here!!!!

thats badass.

my faves:

Orbital

Prodigy (BEFORE "outgunned")

Coldcut

some Hybrid

Uberzone (seriously check this dude out. He's a good friend of mine and is a genius)

SOTEG

anything on Mechanoise records

Future Forces (Drum and Bass)

Photek (same)

No U Turn

Trace

Goldie

pretty much anything on Ninja Tune or Shadow records (mostly downtempo / "Trip Hop")

REALLY surprised to see the reference to Boards of Canada

anyone into Autechre? Funkstorung?

Jutta, I'm constantly looking over my shoulder and up the hill.Tunes or no tunes , carving requires knowing what's going on behind you at all times. I've gotten clipped from behind many times when the tunes were off and my helmet was muffling the the impact.Best bet, don't let anyone pass you on the hill. I heard Colorado Springs is the Peyton Place of PC. Let's not offend anyone, thank you very much. The bart google is just a goof on stoopid questions, it wasn't directed at you, shorty. :D D sub , old Korg sounds like yours are great to lay over raw video of your buddys carving , kiting, whatever. I just got some Dark Side of the Moon with electronica laid over it and sampling Pink Floyd. Very trippy to ride to. ~Rock On !

post-123-141842202585_thumb.gif

Funny we were just talking about this...

I got taken out BIGTIME today by a skier who hit me so hard from behind it almost knocked the wind out of me---I did a high-speed face plant and felt this guy and his skis all over me. Thankfully nobody was hurt, but I was stunned from the sudden impact.

Just before impact, I looked uphill before doing a heelside carve and it was all clear...so I think it was the skier's fault.

And guess what? He had headphones on! :eek: Guess I can't say for sure whether that was a contributing factor...but it was a funny coincidence!

Scott (not really a Puritan)

• 3 weeks later...