Note to New Members ×

Took a ride in the toboggan today

Baka Dasai

I had a concussion spell a couple of years ago. It was my first run down the mountain, and then...I don't know. The next thing I remember as at ~3PM so I was literally loony for about 7 hours. Fortunately I went with my school so a ton of people on the slopes knew who I was and big cheese school dude stated with me in the hospital till I got my brain back together. The next week or so I could think fine, but in a “slowmotion” kind of way. Really annoying since I was taking some pretty killer classes at the time. But eventually all my brain cylinders got back in order. The school big cheese who stayed with me for a while was really worried until the CAT scans came up with no issues. I kept asking the same questions in a 30 second loop. I'm surprised I didn’t drive him crazy! The little I remember of the doctor were the times he showed some annoyance with my looped questions. At about 3PM I started to get a since of what happened and aded "did I already ask that?" to my list of looped questions.

I started wearing a helmet then, and took my hands out of my pockets. Yeah, one of the last things I remember was putting my hands in my pockets. My thought is that I somehow tumbled face-first and couldn’t even begin to catch myself in time. I was pretty tired to begin with too (I had to get up at about 2am that day), so I force myself not to snowboard if I’m not feeling rested enough to do so.

Hope you get back up to par soon Baka!

DrCR

________