Note to New Members ×

kids equipment

Guest roadrunner

Guest roadrunner

Hi

I am looking for help, It looks like I was able to come to the right place. What a site full of information for the new dude. My little dude, 13, 90 pounds, small but fast as hell has qualified for nationals and I need to find the right equipment for him. I use sticks, sorry, but I know what an edge is. I am having a hard time finding stuff that might work for him. I was givin this web site by a friend. I hope I am note trampling old territory for you, but I am new to your forest. Thanks for your help and insight, just trying to make a kid faster.

......did your son qualify on hardboots or on a freestyle board? My son is also 13 and expects to qualify this year. Two years ago we put Patrick on hardboots a little later than this in the season and he struggled initially......there is no way he could have been ready to compete by nationals. Even two years later, we spent about a month playing with boot and board sizes, cants vs no cant, boot stiffness, boot size, etc. Now, of course, he is addicted. Just make sure your son's coach is convinced that he can be effective by nationals. In this age group, there are still many, scary good riders on freestyle boards. Though eventually he will need harboots, plates and a racing board, just make sure that your son truly will get the benefit in time for nationals.

As noted, if your coach is on board, the classifieds here and on Ebay are the answer. Though guys like me have bought up many of the boards :), there are typically very good deals and lots of choices up to about size 160cm. Things start getting more pricing beyond this size since most people here use longer boards.

Where does your son race? Good luck......Patrick and I will be there....we would be happy to help.

e-mail me or call and we can talk about what you need. I've still got some smaller Oxygens for sale that are very affordable and might be coming into a stock of Renntigers in his size range. My son has been on alpine gear for 2 seasons now, he's 9 (soon to be 10) and I've had good luck finding equipment for him. Let me know,

Thanks,

Paul

530-241-7003 home

530-229-1516 work

Thanks again for the kind words PeterC :)