Note to New Members ×

skating on icy trails

bobble

That looks like loads of fun.  The only downside is that it looks like some of the trails are super narrow so you would never be able to take a full stride.

Speaking of crashed ice, that sport has gotten crazy over the last few years.  I hadn't watched it in a few years but the features have gotten sooo much bigger.  I remember when the hardest obstacles they had to face were like ~1ft drops and a few rollers;  now its huge jumps and hammerhead turns on a quarter-pipe.  Insane!

8 hours ago, SnowFerret said:

That looks like loads of fun.  The only downside is that it looks like some of the trails are super narrow so you would never be able to take a full stride.

Speaking of crashed ice, that sport has gotten crazy over the last few years.  I hadn't watched it in a few years but the features have gotten sooo much bigger.  I remember when the hardest obstacles they had to face were like ~1ft drops and a few rollers;  now its huge jumps and hammerhead turns on a quarter-pipe.  Insane!

you mean features like this??? my favorite photo from a star tribune article.

post-556-0-24710500-1456674659.jpg.86bb555bf0cfc3802e36045283c7bcf5.jpg

i've been to Crashed Ice. its truly a spectacle. its worthy of being a dystopian retro-future olympic sport!

they've held it in St. Paul MN. the starting line is at the front of the St. Paul Cathedral. the crowd goes wild when the lights on the cathedral turn red and they start playing AC/DC Hells Bells. 

couple of my pix

DSC05535.thumb.JPG.449c3b221f504aaec2211c0d0f07eaa2.JPG

IMG_0935.thumb.JPG.1fc0ee260de8ea1ad9c604d88c35073e.JPG

IMG_0944.thumb.JPG.afa894b04d8c4c1a6901ff85a47f7abb.JPG