Note to New Members ×

Deeluxe 425s?

1xsculler

Are any of you riding in 425s?  How do you like them?  I see that they have the same style of tongue as the 225s and 325s which is a totally different and much more user friendly design that the T700s, IMHO.  I guess they are made in China whereas the 325s, at least, are made in Hungary.  How much stiffer are than the T700s?  Are they made with the same molds as the 325s since their tongue is similar in design (maybe identical)?

Does the size 28 425 have the same heel and toe room inside the shell as a size 28 325?

Edited by 1xsculler
error

I have the 425s and think they are moderately stiffer than the T700s.  I have the Palau heat molded power wrap liner with custom foot beds and use booster straps.  I believe they have similar fit to the 325s, but I have not compared them directly.  The toe box is a little narrower and the heel a little wider than the 700s.

I like the boot overall.  I have used them for two seasons now and will stick with them for the foreseeable future.  I did add the RAB springs to them, which IMO improves the performance of the boots.  I never liked the 5 position lean mechanism in deluxe boots.   

There are, and have been for decades, just two different Deeluxe shell types: The asymmetrical AF/T700 shell and the symmetrical SB shell (123 and onwards, currently 325 and 425). All shells of each type are completely identical in shape. They only differ in the stiffness of the plastic, and over the years different buckles, forward lean systems and liners have been used. FWIW, the SB shell was derived from a ski boot while the AF was a dedicated hardboot design.