Note to New Members ×

Sunapee (and sometimes Okemo)

hammerwoman

My season's pass is paid for, my quiver's shaping up. I plan on riding Sunapee regularly, and Okemo as the mood/time off/snow goddess takes me. If I'm there, I'll be on one of the first Sunapee Express chairs after the patrol opens it Saturday/Sunday. I'll be posting regularly when I know I'll be there.

If you see somebody all in black on an old Ultra Prime or a new Coiler, just yell "Hey, Hammer!" It's my Roller Derby name, and it's easier to yell than "Gail."

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hammerwoman, thanks for the hot tip on demo gear at Okemo, I'm going to try my best to get us there soon (we had been talking about that mountain anyway). Thanks, also, for reaching out because my wife, Sam, has bemoaned the fact that none of her female friends like to ride, and this is one sport where I cannot keep up with her (yet!). So you give me hope that she might find a small community of women in the hardbooting crowd. 

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 8:22 AM, iCamera said:

Hammerwoman, thanks for the hot tip on demo gear at Okemo, I'm going to try my best to get us there soon (we had been talking about that mountain anyway). Thanks, also, for reaching out because my wife, Sam, has bemoaned the fact that none of her female friends like to ride, and this is one sport where I cannot keep up with her (yet!). So you give me hope that she might find a small community of women in the hardbooting crowd. 

I have a Sunapee/Okemo pass, and will drive over to Okemo any time to meet Sam and you and your family!! Of course, there's riding with Steph at Stratton that will have to happen, and although Gretchen, the head snowboard coach at Mt.Snow, isn't a hardbooter, she's awesome. If you see a hardbooter in all black- and I'll quit wearing black when they make something darker- just yell "Hey Hammer!!"

Judging from all the brown visible on the Sunapee mountain cams, there's no way they're going to make it tomorrow (Saturday, 11/26). My boards are still being held hostage by the shop that's grinding them for me, so I won't be able to get to Okemo until at least midday. I may just decide I can wait until Sunday, unless somebody wants to join me tomorrow afternoon for a likely slushfest?

• 2 months later...

Went to Sunapee for my first time ever this morning. Went with the aggressive plan Geoff! :cool:

Sitting here at Logan across from the gate so I made it. :biggthump

A big thank you to the Carver (on a Coiler) who I never was able to catch up with or wait long enough for as your tracks highlighted some of the best runs for carving.

Unfortunately I spotted Lower Flying Goose long after my legs were toast. I takes a lot to bring that 185 REV around, especially on unfamiliar terrain. Making the way down through the mogul chute certainly didn't help, whew.

The groom was quality and I had fun on many runs... Rode every lift. The snow was groomed granular on top of a firm but not icy base.

I had a blast, thanks Sunapee. It even started to lightly snow and the sun in the am was nice.

Some flat light tracks

20170128_105956.jpg