Note to New Members ×

When in Stana Fe... Meow Wolf

st_lupo

I hope this is off topic enough, but maybe still relevant for some...

My family and I were just on vacation back home in New Mexico and Colorado and on a tip we stopped at a kind of art installation in Santa Fe called Meow Wolf.  Everybody, my wife (who typically hates weird things), my two kids (6 and 10... short attention spans) and I just had our minds completely blown.  The best way to describe it is half Burning Man, half real-life adventure game, half mystery, and half freak-out.  It was really one of the coolest and most inventive artsy things that I've ever experienced (and imho after the SRL shows and Skinny Puppy concerts that is saying something).

Upon entering the exhibit you are presented with a back-story of a mysterious event that happened in a neighborhood.  If you want you can just walk through the exhibit and marvel over the creativity and resourcefulness of the artists that created the place and it'll probably take about 3 hours to go through.  But... if you really want to experience it, there is a mystery to solve which will take upwards of 6 or more hours.  Luckily they have food vans and a DJ in the parking lot and the re-entering policy is pretty easy-going.  The coolest thing is that pretty much everything in the installation wants to opened/read/switched/manipulated/explored...  The more you try to do weird stuff with the things there, the more you are rewarded.  I've got some photos from our visit attached, but I won't give any context, you just need to experience it.  Did I mention that the place is owned by George R. R. Martin (Mr. Game of Thrones)?  They also offer workshops in 3d-printing, micro controllers, welding, ...

More info: https://meowwolf.com/

P1030903.JPG

P1030909.JPG

P1030936.JPG

P1030939.JPG