Note to New Members ×

Sunapee, spring 2016

hammerwoman

I'm finally back on a snowboard after some years away, loving winter again, and wondering where the Sunapee hardbooter crew has gone. I'll only get out a few more times (if at all) this season, once my new boots arrive and get fitted. Looking seriously at a season pass for 2016-2017, the price if you buy prior to April 30th is really good. I'm mostly limited to weekends. Time to take this mountain back!!

Thanks for the invite, Eric, wish I could cut loose for that. Last fall, as motorcycle season was winding down, I did the same thing I've done since we had our family racing team (which is no more), and committed my "free time" and $$ resources to a bunch of building/fabricating projects that really have to get finished before spring. . . there's a bike on the lift, an XLF1200S (a H-D flat-track replica for the street) that's half wired and needs brackets and a splash guard fabricated tomorrow- all that's gotta get done before the newly-laced wheels arrive from Buchanan's Spoke and Rim on Monday, so I can install tires and a chain conversion next weekend, then figure out how to get the sludge out of an aluminum race tank without destroying the paint job. . . yeah, and on, and on, and then a track bike to finish before riding-school season starts. That's where my brain is, and all the usual weekend chores (including the inevitable parts ordering) have to happen today. Whew. So glad I remembered what winter is for, and I'm not planning on any big projects for next winter, just riding. New boots and bindings on their way from Bomber, and I'm on Bruce's list. . . many months of rice and beans coming up! 

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • I have a very open week ahead, no classes at RVCC/Tooling Class,. Sunapee just offered a $119 (all of the Spring '017) ticket for $119! I can take a Taxi there (despite my Saab being wrecked). So, if you want to 'pick my brain', carve nice groomers, etc.. Let me know here or by my PM box. Sunapee did a decent job of 'stocking snow' from groomers to push upon, an they've a -+ 18" base to work with, though, a few 'mainline' tails are thin. No woods. But, two parks are intact, as are the berms over on the beginner slope. No lift lines, easy, close-by parking, too. 'No strings', just wondering if anyone is up this-a-way...

On March 8, 2017 at 11:18 PM, Eric Brammer aka PSR said:
  • I have a very open week ahead, no classes at RVCC/Tooling Class,. Sunapee just offered a $119 (all of the Spring '017) ticket for $119! I can take a Taxi there (despite my Saab being wrecked). So, if you want to 'pick my brain', carve nice groomers, etc.. Let me know here or by my PM box. Sunapee did a decent job of 'stocking snow' from groomers to push upon, an they've a -+ 18" base to work with, though, a few 'mainline' tails are thin. No woods. But, two parks are intact, as are the berms over on the beginner slope. No lift lines, easy, close-by parking, too. 'No strings', just wondering if anyone is up this-a-way...

Do you have any time mid to late this coming week?

Revised; Tuesday, if the forecast stays close to what is , as of late Sunday Evening, predicted, I may just grab a ride to Sunapee morning, and frolic along while the snow buries the place! Getting Home, yeah, that's a whole other thing... 18"-22", with more overnight! More than your usual "Sugarin' Snow"!

• 3 weeks later...

Whoo-Hoo!! I just stepped outside to see how this storm is going, and, unlike this afternoon's 'slush', the snow is now Fluffy-ish, sitting atop a ready-made base of 3" of glop! Now, I just gotta sort out whether it's Cannon, Bretton Woods, Waterville, Sunapee, Okemo, or Crotched Mountain that I head to on the 1st. Sunday, well, I'll have to flip a few coins to pick it... April Fools, for someone who's been fooled too often! :eplus2:

Waterville, [though perhaps Cannon in the later part of the day?] on Saturday. Will be on an O-Sin 4807 Swallowtail or orange (with Fat Albert base graphic) Gordo 151, in softies. Sunday, Sunapee, unless I manage to get the Crighton Snowbike tuned, where-upon I'll go to Crotched Mt.. Likely also in softies, possibly on my ol' Sims 1711 from '89...