Note to New Members ×

For Sale - MLY 183

Johnny Danger

BOARD IS SOLD, Thanks!

MLY 183 - Custom race shape Vertically laminated spruce/maple core. Sidewall construction.Pre-preg tri-axial glass. Graphite 5000 base. Carbon fiber stiffening system. External riser plate compatibility.  

Side cut : 1700

Tip/Tail: 2318

Waist: 1900 

Paypal F&F or +3%, local or Loveland Ski pick up and I will calculate shipping prior to payment.

Have a great day, 

John G, surfnchef..at..msndotcom

20160107_055923_zpsx7lgh5ml.jpg20160107_055710_zpsqqopqdpo.jpgP1040908_zps91bdron4.jpg

Edited by Johnny Danger

Oldsnowboards could tell you more about this board, but here are the few tidbits that I know: MLY was a snowboard maker based in Portland that is now defunct. The boards were well regarded, and they even made skateboards at one point (I have one :). Fascinatingly, MLY was a side project of Junki Yoshida, a local Portland entrepreneur that made his fortune in shipping / freight forwarding and marinades (Yoshida's sauces). I once heard from someone who worked at the freight forwarding company when MLY boards were being produced that they had a lot of boards go missing from their warehouse because they weren't well-secured...don't know if that's why they eventually quit production, but it may have contributed. 

Also, there were a lot of yellow MLY 183s around for awhile, but I'm not sure I've seen the black topsheet before. 

Edited by Dan

Dan, covered the back story well.  In addition. 

First it was "Moly" , Then  "MLY" and finally "M3"   Yellow topsheet in one year newer,  they are in my humble opinion a well behaved GS board with old school racing characterists,   I.E. cambered, approx. 15M SCR, rounded nose,  higher nose height. 

General manager was a friend and world champion.  I personally bought a dozen boards from the warehouse and sold them to friends cheap.  It was a good time as some of those that bought boards from me are still good friends today!!   

Some previous owners , riders include.  Ed,  myself, Erik,  Bob, etc/ 

They were one of very few companies to adopt the Tinkler Plates and included inserts for them at the factory.     Boards were made in a big Washington state factory that produced allot of OEM boards in the mid to late 90s.  

Enjoy!!! 

In advance. I do not have an original plate for this board.  I do not have one for sale and would probably be less costly to buy an aftermarket plate than have the original made to fit this pattern.(see Henry's BP 4mm for 350$ as example) Approx 500 to 800 to built a custom plate for this.  Obviously not inexpensive.  Just FYI. The question always comes up :)