Note to New Members ×

Inca Snowboards

Tick

I went to BC with a guy who knows the owner of the company (from portland oregon). Anyways he has 2 incas and rides them with raceplates as his powder setup (big wide 178) They are the weirdest looking boards ever (dual camber) He rips on his in the powder as the board is softer in the middle than in the tails which allows him to make powder turns easy. The downside is that it is slower in the flats and has to use his poles (powder cat) to push out some terrian. He rode my 192 tanker for 2 runs and thought it was pretty different and went back to the inca. We measured the bottom surface area of both the inca and tanker 192 and 2k . The tanker 192 < inca 178< 2k tanker which explains why it works so good for him .

Jim

Guest Randy S.

The picture on their site shows tons of flare. Is it really that dramatic? They don't have any real specs for the board. It looks kinda cool. I heard that some folks on the world cup are riding boards with flare and that it works for them (pretty skilled rider). Somebody with time on their hands please call these guys and get the scoop. (D-Sub?).

Randy

The Inca's flare is pretty dramatic from what I remember. There are some guys that still rock tail flare on their slalom boards to assist in turn initiation. I have an old 162 that I built a few years back that has a 4mm reverse taper. I like it, but I actually prefer no taper on a smaller board.

Broz

Originally posted by Randy S.

The picture on their site shows tons of flare. Is it really that dramatic? They don't have any real specs for the board. It looks kinda cool. I heard that some folks on the world cup are riding boards with flare and that it works for them (pretty skilled rider). Somebody with time on their hands please call these guys and get the scoop. (D-Sub?).

Randy

The guy I know has the freeride twin tip models so I don't know much about the tail flare. I am NOT sold on the idea of dual camber especially for carving boards as the dual camber makes a serrated like edge that would definately slower on hardpack. Overall they are very soft boards. Taper on a traditional alpine board is a different story....?

Jim

Yes, it's me...Jason Broz. Yes, I'm still building boards (lots of them). I've been up to all sorts of projects over the past year. My own brand of freestyle boards called Logic (www.logicsnowboards.com) went off last year because of my "Artist Series" of boards. I also did a collaboration with Endeavor Snowboards and built their Paavo Tikkanen Pro Model (which, if I may toot my own horn (sorry for this), was voted one of the 10 best boards in the world by Transworld Snowboarding Magazine's "Good Wood" product test : ). Ahhh, what else....I've also been working with a company in Switzerland building OEM boards for them. I've been up to all sorts of stuff.

It's all been REALLY fun, and I've learned a lot about building boards and doing business. I'm finally making a living doing what I love, but I still have one huge regret: I never started the alpine board company I wanted to do a few years back (hence my re-appearance on this forum). Carving has always been my #1 passion and it hurts to see all of the big companies pulling out (but there's obvious benefits). I have about 50 boards worth of raceboard materials kickin' around and I'm good to go. Freestyle boards are fun to build and all, but there's NO comparison to the challenge of building a custom raceboard (nor the satisfaction of seeing it on a podium). I hate the fact that I never persued it any further than the random custom board here and there, but that's about to change. You heard it here first! Bomberonline.com! Seriously though...it's something that hasn't left my mind in quite some time. I didn't want to do it unless the boards were going to be perfect. Keep your eyes peeled...there're coming.

Broz