Note to New Members ×

Would you buy an instructional carving video?

Jack M

Would you buy an instructional carving video?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy an instructional carving video?

• yes
    • YES!!!!
    • Probably Not

That exists? I swear I had a dream about a type of camera set-up like this last night! I imagined building a rail 20 or 30 feet above a steep, wide, consistant run, and having one of those helicopter camera domes which can rotate in any direction and set-up to a pulley system.

In my dream the trail was perfect hardpack from a fresh 1 foot storm 2 days old, and there was a small spine running down the middle of the trail (a trail had these exact conditions at Sainte Anne 2 weeks ago, where the groomers groomed each side of the trail, but heavy wind made loads of snow collect as a spine overnight, it was awesome!)

I was carving massive S's all the way down and getting huge air off the spine in my transitions, and my view was from the camera dome which some engineer was controlling at the bottom.

The camera could follow the rider from behind, then accelerate over him and rotate and get a view from in front!

Guest snowboardave

hi Y'all,

the camera system you are talking about is called "cable-cam"

at www.cablecam.com - but you need a big budget to rent it and special insurance and approval from whatever mtn you want to use it at...unless someone has a steep & long back yard !

I would be interested in a carving video, I have thought about creating one for many years now...

sbd.