Note to New Members ×

Deleting your own post - How To?

This question has come up a number of times,  perhaps this will help or at least point out what some members are experiencing.   

The "Delete" is very light (grayed out) , bottom right of the post. 

You need to be logged in and then you should see the "delete" word,  hover over it to see it better. 

Screen print.   Bryan 

post-158-0-32627200-1426382115_thumb.jpg

Tugboater, you are quite correct.  I have been looking for the option and I believe it is something only Fin can chose to do or not.  I searched the FAQ supplied by the forum company.  I recently signed up and searched their support forum. This following quote covers it pretty well.  

One of the features I need the most is the ability to set up a time limit for users to delete their posts. As of now we have the option to set up the time limit to edit posts but not delete posts. Why we can't set up the time to delete posts too? I need to let people to be able to delete posts - within a certain amount of time. The way this is set up now I can either let them delete posts or not. If I set it up so that users can delete posts then there is not time restriction - this means that once someone receives a warning he could delete all his posts. I have seen this happening in the past. People getting mad and in an hour or so "wiping down" a few thousand posts they had written. Is there any chance we will have this option? If we can set up the time limit to edit posts, why can't be set up the time limit to delete posts?

I hope this answers the question for now.   I just cleared out my "messages" folder or I would respond directly to those who have asked.  Bryan 

On my paintball forum that I mod we have a paid support level of membership we call Premium ($15) a year with a much larger amount of PMS and a private forum for Premium members. We allow them greater permissions like deleting threads and posting in the news section. It would be a tough sell here as we're considerably smaller. I wouldn't mind dropping a few bucks to help pay for hosting though, I love this place.

It sounds like you directly get PMS for reported posts, we have them go to a mods only section.

• 9 months later...