Note to New Members ×

Jasey-Jay Anderson : I'm not finish

Surf Quebec

There was an article about JJA yesterday in Cyberpresse.ca : http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/ski-et-surf/surf-des-neiges/201501/21/01-4837119-jasey-jay-anderson-je-ne-suis-pas-fini.php?utm_categorieinterne=trafficdrivers&utm_contenuinterne=cyberpresse_lire_aussi_4837506_article_POS1

Here is the google translation:

But his small business of snowboards is still in phase of research and development. The international circuit is the only place where it can validate the hypotheses tested in his studio and on the slopes of Mont Tremblant. "I have not finished acquire what I need as knowledge for peace of mind," he summed up the phone last week, a few days before leaving for his eighth World in Kreischberg in Austria, where he will compete from tomorrow.

Too old?

Another element woke his competitive spirit and crystallized his desire to continue the adventure Snowboard Canada's decision to exclude the group of athletes eligible for funding from Sport Canada, a first in 13 years.

Even if he had met the criteria, the federation argued that it was progressing more and did not represent a potential for the 2018 Olympics, simply because it would then be his sixth. In short, too old.

Feeling pushed out, Anderson chose instead to fight against what he saw as a gross injustice to him and alpine discipline in general.

"They wanted me to land, he says about the leaders of Canada Snowboard. I said no. When I am ready to come, I'll tell you. I'm not ready. That fact that you will give me my patent. "

It took five months and multiple approaches in the context of an appeal process, but an arbitrator gave him succeed in October, sending the federation of duty. High Performance Committee finally included in the list five times Olympian athletes eligible for Sport Canada funding patent.

Combined with Team Quebec program, Anderson can absorb most of the costs associated with its season, which he estimated at $ 30,000. Because the federation does not pay anything. In addition to a sum of $ 5,000 to cover a portion of the salary of a coach, Quebecers, like his teammates, must assume his travel expenses, travel, accommodation and living expenses.

Worried about the future of young

Very critical of the management of Snowboard Canada, he is most concerned about the future of young riders. "I untied me. I have my business, my medal in Vancouver, perfectly healthy family. That's the least of my worries. I'm just sad for my sport. "

December 16, Anderson finished third in the parallel giant slalom at the first World Cup of the season in Carezza, Italy. He had not been on the podium since his victory in La Molina, in March 2010, a few weeks after his Olympic triumph.

Without being vindictive, this success shaped snub made him special pleasure. "Let's say this, they received it in the teeth not just about ..."

In his eyes, his experience and the quality of its equipment is the only explanation for his performance. "At 39, I should not make the podium," admits one who dominated qualifying despite his number 44.

The results of Sochi influenced the technical choices of competitors. It was a serious error of assessment, believes Anderson, who had toiled in Russia with a 14th and 15th places. "It applies very well to Sochi, because it was super flat and glossy, but it does not apply anywhere else on the planet. It goes faster on flat, but it really does not work in the cliff. I use something more versatile. "

Fertile ground for its equipment

Precisely, Anderson believes Lachtal find the station that hosts the alpine events of the Worlds, a breeding ground equipment. It is a podium, especially in the parallel giant slalom, presented Friday. It also will align tomorrow parallel slalom, but he feels that his board has not reached the same technical refinement.

A result in the top 8 it would ensure funding for the 2015-2016 season, both for him and for alpine program. It thus hopes to benefit youth.

Are the Olympics in Pyeongchang in 2018 in the works for the father of two children? It does not close the door. "I still have it in me, Anderson advance. As we saw in the last race, I am able to pick up speed. I'm not finished. Even at 39 years. "

OMG, google translation seems to work worse for French then some other languages. I almost understand the original better, in despite of my very poor French. Can someone fix the translation just a little bit, for the sake of the people without French knowledge? 

let me give a try:

Jasey-Jay Anderson: «Im not on the end of my career»

Not amused about head of Canada Snowboard, Jasey-Jay Anderson takes worry about the future for upcomming racers.

After Sochi Olympics he was not knowing what will happen. Jasey-Jay Anderson was not sure to look for a further race-season. Comming with one Olympic gold medal (Vancouver), 4 Worldchampion title and 27 Worldcup victory, there would be no reasoning for him to proceed, even if on age of 39 Years.

On his small snowboard brand he is still on a full phase for research and development. The races on FIS-tour are the only chance for him to test the snowboard shape improvements he do. Improvements on which he work on his shack and test them on slopes of Mont-Tremblant. «Im not at the point to bring it to market, you know I need some more quiet time for it», he resume on a telephone call the last week. That was some days before he left to his 8th Worldchampionships to Kreischberg (Styria / Austria).

I'm to old?

One next point to wake-up his intention to compete and brought him to revolting is what was going on for the future: Canada Snowboard decide to put out a group of authorized racers of foundings from Sport Canada. Thats the first time since 13 Years.

Even if he match to the requirements, the federation says: he can not get better and they is no potential for the Olympics 2018. Even because 2018 will be his 6th Olympic games. On vew words: to old

(my comment: ****, about what I wrote on PB thread? please open an "Over 40 club" thread)

He feel banned. So Anderson looks fast foreward to take force against a notorius false consideration. A consideration against him and PAR races in general.

«They want to take me out. Head of Canada Snowboard empower to do that. I said NO. If I'm ready for retirement, I will say it to you.

I'm not ready now. That means You have to give me back my licence to race.»

This takes 5 month since and some more retirements on Canadian Worldcup team riders occur because of this. But after the judgement he had the goal to pay back to the federation in October. The highest sport comission did include at least 5 registred racers for Olympic Games on a list and even for foundings from Sport Canada.

In consistence with a team program of Quebec, Anderson can pay the most things of his costs during a season, which will reach 30'000 CAD. But Canadian federation doesn't pay for anything. In addition to that, 5'000 CAD he has to be pay for a coach (travel, hotel and so on). Costs are shared with his team mates from Quebec.

Worry about the future of the Youth

Not amused about head of Canada Snowboard, Jasey-Jay Anderson takes worry about the future of upcomming racers. «I feel me hooked-off. I have my company, I have my Olympic gold medall and a family on good health. But the gleam isn't true. I feel sad about my sport.»

December 16. Anderson was 3rd on PGS of Carezza (Dolomit Italy). It was the first Worldcup race of this season. I was not on podium since my victory of March 2010 in Molina (Sierra Nevada Spain). That was some weeks after my Vancouver Olympics gold medal.

Falling not in melancholy, this was the base for to bring him a lot of fun. «Belief me, that time was like sugar in my mouth»

On his eye, his experience and the quality of his equipment are the only reasons for his performance. «With an age of 39 Years, it's hard to step to the podium», which he reach because he was able to dominate the qualification runs even on a very high bib-No. of 44 in Carezza!

The results of Sochi Olympics does strongly matter to the used tech-stuff. He did a worse fault chosing on his boards, he think. He get a penalty in Russia to the 14. and 15. rank. «The tech-stuff of others worked very good in Sochi. It was icy and a super plain surface. But that tech-stuff didn't work at all on other places of the World. You can go faster on that super plain surface, but it wouln't be fast on steeper terrain. I like to ride boards which are more versatile.

A terrain which fit his equipment

Now Anderson think he will see a terrain which favour his equipment at Worldchampionship of Lachtal (Styria Austria). He go for the podium, even on PGS Friday, January 23. He try to adjust to the PSL of January 22. too. (( was today, he reach rank 24. )). But he think his board wouldn't be as perfect for it, like he want to have it.

If he reach top-8, he can feel fine to get a good financal base for upcomming season 2015-2016. Not for him only, but for the entire Alpine snowboarding team too. He hope the Youth can take profit about it.

Can be Olympic Games 2018 of Pyeongchang (KOR) a goal for a father with two children? He let open the doors. «This would be a decision of me, go ahead Anderson, go. Like You saw on last races, I'm ready to take up speed. I'm not in the up-shot. Even not on 39 Years»

Edited by snowmatic