Note to New Members ×

F2 Speedster RS info?

freerider81

I as wondering if anyone could tell me a little info about this board.   Year, is it 100% for racing, how they normally ride.  I did a search but didn't come up with much.   I have been wanting to ride it a little but have been waiting for perfect conditions.  I currently ride a Burton Ultra Prime that measures 161 and really do like it.    From quick edge to edge turns to longer down the hill carving, I can ride the Burton pretty good.  What should I expect from the F2?   It measures 186 and is in really great shape.

post-5709-0-30155400-1420217471_thumb.jp

Without being too snarky, you might want to check out the thread you started, first time out and some?'s, last Feb. 20th about this same board. 

mario

I will tell you that it is a very fast stick, and well mannerd, but you better be paying attention, 'cause it will get away from you right quick if you don't .  Had one and rode the snot out of it for a few years. Launched me into the woods once too

Edited by big mario

This was the first board I every rode hard booting and quickly learned it wasn't a very good beginner board.  Had to have some good speed to get turning.   I got the ultra prime that was a lot smaller to handle and learned how to carve on that from what I would consider some pretty good cuts/carves and a good rhythm.  I haven't touched the F2 since.   I am now wanting to get back on this board to try it again and will then decide if I should keep it or not.  I forgot I started that thread and will have to read that one again.     Thanks    I am looking to ride this board in the near future but like I said it will have to wait until the conditions are right.

I just read that thread again and found a lot of good info in there.   Thanks for reminding me that was there.  I did just buy a Coiler Stubby and can't wait to get that out on the hill but I know I do like the feel of the quick sharp racing style riding.  The stubby, from what I have read, is the complete opposite.

Got out tonight and conditions were just right.  Had a chance to get out the F2 and man does this thing rip.  I haven't tried a lot of boards but this thing railed great felt like it was just sharpened and feels great at high speeds,  like I was on a roller coaster.  I started to feel the transitioning stage of hoping the board would edge , as in, if I didn't set an edge in the snow at the last second I would get slammed into the hill.    I would come off of one edge and on to the other and it would feel as if I was leaning in for the turn but the board wouldn't be in the carving stage yet.  Then when I got in the right position and started the carve my body would stay in that position thru the whole turn.   Does that make any sense?  I would almost call that faith carving, I'm sure there is a different team for it, but it felt great.  On a side note this board is almost imposible to maneuver at slow speeds.  Coming into the lift line I would have to do some full upper body twisting, arms and everything, to get the board to skid to a 90* stop.

• 3 weeks later...

This board is made for bigger radius turns that can be found in a giant slalom race course. From experience, I have found that transitioning from a more slalom appropriate board to a giant slalom board can be difficult. But it should only take a day or two to get used to it if you are comfortable on your other board.

Also, since it is longer, you are going to have to make sure to stay balanced. If you get into the backseat, the board can slide out from underneath you. If you are too far front, then you can also slide out or just simply over-pressure the nose. You will also need to put a lot more energy into the turn to actually carve compared to a slalom board. But, if you don't use that same amount of energy to get out of your turn, then you might find yourself in the trees.

Hope this helps.

I rode my F2 yesterday and I really love that thing.  I ride with a lot more confidence on this board compared to any other board I have (witch is only 2 others), but it holds so well and I do not feel as if I am going to slip out in a nice carve.  Perhaps my other main board needs to be sharpened?   I love the speed this board likes because the faster you go, it still has the control factor for me.  When I get this board out it feels like I have rode the mountain hard (or big hill here in Minnesota) and I know it has been a good day.  Then it comes time to get out something smaller and have some fun messing around.