Note to New Members ×

Custom Donek Saber 165

slopestar

So a few months ago, I decided to order a custom Hardboot board from Donek. After sharing photos/video/conversation, we came to the conclusion that I should be ordering something else. The process and attention to detail throughout was great! Sean and his team deliver/period.

What we ended up with is a saber variant. 165 length. 24.8 waist 9-11 vsr and inserts centered with 144 eff edge. Hammerhead. Core is stiffer and less damp than the production saber as I'm a heavyweight and like the pop of a glass board. I opted for a dura surf base as I ride what I have regardless of what twigs/shrubs/rocks may be peeking through. I'm running power plates 3/3 yellow with flow nx2 fusions 27/18 centered on SCR at 21.5"

The board delivers exactly what I wanted. Responsive and tight turns. Softer than a very similar bamboo Donek I purchased from Big Canuck a couple of years ago that rode great but even at 210, took a lot of effort to bend. This is my go to. I absolutely recommend Donek and the custom process. I need to fill a hole that my old custom x 164 used to fill before it died. Sean???

Ultimately looking to have a 5 board quiver:

2 freestyle...small 163 and large 170

1 softy carver... The custom saber 165

2 alpine... proteus170 and an SG race titan185