Note to New Members ×

Donek 185 Metal Freecarve

Pat Donnelly

Hi Pat Donnely, Let me be the first to express serious interest. I'm in my third year of carving, second year hardbooting, but started snowboarding in '82. I'm six foot, 175 without gear, so probably at least 180 by the time I'm on the board. I've been more of an all mountain free carver, but want to refine my technique this year. I'm still learning what boards are best for what, but this looks like it might be a good fit for me. Any thoughts?

Edited by Thrasher

Thrasher, you can call Sean at Donek and talk to him about this board to get the builder's perspective if this would be a good fit. If it were for me and I was your weight, I would swoop this up and put it in the closet. Later in the season after some more practice, you can rip some turns on this. I have a Donek Rev 185 with similar side cut and I will not sell it. It's not a board I can use every time I go out, but if the conditions are right, I will ride it.