Note to New Members ×

Winerstick Severe Terrain ST 166 UNUSED Never ridden

MaineBomber

post-8747-141842419659_thumb.jpgUp for grabs a little piece of history from the first snowboard company. This is an 01/02 vintage Wstick. I am told it was handmade in New Mexico. Kind of an interesting story, I got this from the step father of the guy who made it. It is totally fresh, never base ground, it will need to be ground and waxed. The ST is a big mountain man's board, not for the faint of heart, not an east coast board for sure. Massive sidwcut radius pretty stiff. I see the ST very popular for making a split. If nothing else hang it on the wall, you don't see many Wintersticks anymore. There is one small fixable spot on the tail otherwise near mint.

post-8747-141842419656_thumb.jpg

post-8747-141842419654_thumb.jpg

Just recently saw a CL ad from someone that had cleared out a storage locker with a couple of wintersticks just like this-guy was taking $100/board-had never seen this WS before then. Just tried to find the add again. looking for something to use for early season. What are you looking for?

Winsterstick was the first snowboard company. You should Google them, very interesting history. I would not say this is a beater by any means, pick up a Burton on CL for $50 if that is what you are looking for. I see you are from Maine, PM me if you want to see this board.

Just recently saw a CL ad from someone that had cleared out a storage locker with a couple of wintersticks just like this-guy was taking $100/board-had never seen this WS before then. Just tried to find the add again. looking for something to use for early season. What are you looking for?

I see, WS was in Freeport owned by BMP but that was back in early 2000. Tom Burt is now the stake holder and I believe owns the name. They are now produced to order only by Wagner custom. I did not think they pressed any boards in Maine? I would love to have one if they did. I would also like to get hold of a Team 8 since they are no longer in production.

This is not A Wagner pressed board. I have 4 other WS boards, another ST and 3 all mountain. I believe the all mountain were made in Canada, they do not say USA or Saltlake like the old old ones do.

I thought Seth bought out Team Eight and was opening shop in the valley? I did see a post that he was riding Wsticks on a trip last season. Interesting, Seth has been riding a long time. He must know Tom Burt, I know they both love back country. We both rode Barfoots at Sugarloaf back in the 80'S, he obviously perfected the sport, and I am an engineer. Oh well. Is Seth bringing Winterstick back to Maine? That would be cool!

Cheers!

FYI, Winterstick is run out of Maine through Bigelow Partners. Went to school with Chris-he has worked with Tom Fremont-Smith and this year, has a new partner you'll be familiar with-Seth Wescott is the R&D man.

No, Id on't think so. Chris Lorenz and BMP are the owners of Winterstick. I think there'a tie there from Sugarloaf days and tapping into Seth's brain for design ideas. I think Tom Burt is has been will be part of WS. I thought the boards were all done by Wagner in recent years.

I see, WS was in Freeport owned by BMP but that was back in early 2000. Tom Burt is now the stake holder and I believe owns the name. They are now produced to order only by Wagner custom. I did not think they pressed any boards in Maine? I would love to have one if they did. I would also like to get hold of a Team 8 since they are no longer in production.

This is not A Wagner pressed board. I have 4 other WS boards, another ST and 3 all mountain. I believe the all mountain were made in Canada, they do not say USA or Saltlake like the old old ones do.

I thought Seth bought out Team Eight and was opening shop in the valley? I did see a post that he was riding Wsticks on a trip last season. Interesting, Seth has been riding a long time. He must know Tom Burt, I know they both love back country. We both rode Barfoots at Sugarloaf back in the 80'S, he obviously perfected the sport, and I am an engineer. Oh well. Is Seth bringing Winterstick back to Maine? That would be cool!

Cheers!

I loved my ST! A delam ended it's life. How much to ship to Salt Lake City?

Cheers!