Note to New Members ×

2 pairs of Catek OS2 step-in bindings (one Short, one Long)

speleoluc

I'm interested in the short plates. I've never had an Intec setup and this seems like a great way to try it out. But I'd like to know more about what's wrong with the cable. Is the heel still functional? It's not clear - do you have two sets of heels, both with one damaged cable? Also, could I see a picture showing how much wear there is on the heel pads? Messaging through Bomber apparently isn't working reliably, so please email me at wolf_walk at h o t m a i l d o t c o m.

Thanks.

Edited by Wolf
typo

I'm interested in the short plates. I've never had an Intec setup and this seems like a great way to try it out. But I'd like to know more about what's wrong with the cable. Is the heel still functional? It's not clear - do you have two sets of heels, both with one damaged cable? Also, could I see a picture showing how much wear there is on the heel pads? Messaging through Bomber apparently isn't working reliably, so please email me at wolf_walk at h o t m a i l d o t c o m.

Thanks.

The heel cables are built like brake cables on a bicycle: there's an outer sheath made of plastic tubing inside which there's a metal liner made of wires (a brake cable uses a spring instead - better). Inside this sheath runs a metal cable that pulls the binding. The outer sheath only prevents the cable from actually touching and rubbing agains the boot liner; it suffers some damage over time, especially at the base between boot and heel, but as long as the inner cable is intact, the heel is perfectly functional (that's the case here). Unlike on a bicycle, the outer sheath has no functional effect - it could be removed and the heel mechanism would still work. If I were to re-install those heels on boots, after screwing everything in place, I'd wrap the outer sheath with tape, or, better, with heat shrink tubing. Here's a close-up view of the said outer sheath and the inner cable. As for the pads, they're in good shape. These were our bindings up to last year. The only reason we changed is because we got convinced step-in bindings were too stiff for extreme carving, and we switched to bail bindings (I must admit I miss the convenience, though). They are in perfect working order. And yes, each binding set comes wih a pair of heels (left and right).

post-12624-141842419075_thumb.jpg

post-12624-141842419079_thumb.jpg

Luc, could you confirm tracking#? Merci

For the record, I sent you (by e-mail) the tracking information twice :

The scanned UPS receipt on Fri Oct. 17 at 23:06 (the very day the parcel was left at the UPS Store)

The tracking # on Sat. Oct 18 at 8:53 because you replied you couldn't read an attachment (JPG)

I followed my email with post... Cut & paste the tracking # next time to make it easier for all.

For the record, I sent you (by e-mail) the tracking information twice :

The scanned UPS receipt on Fri Oct. 17 at 23:06 (the very day the parcel was left at the UPS Store)

The tracking # on Sat. Oct 18 at 8:53 because you replied you couldn't read an attachment (JPG)

I followed my email with post... Cut & paste the tracking # next time to make it easier for all.

Given that you wrote me you had no warranty that I'd send the bindings (after making an offer), I figured a scanned receipt would provide you with more details and perhaps reassure you.

UPS gives you a printed receipt. So I read and typed the number for you. ETA is tonight (Tuesday).

• 1 month later...