Note to New Members ×

AASI has an Alpine Snowboard elective in the works!

kinpa

Last night I got word from a member of the Snowboard Committee of PSIA/AASI (American Association of Snowboard Instructors) - Northern Rocky Mountain Division that they have agreed to offer Alpine Snowboarding as an elective at the annual Fall Festival.

Fall Festival is an annual event held at Big Sky Resort the second weekend of December. It allows member to get credits needed to maintain certification status. I'm told there will be some boards available for participants and I will round up any extras I can take as well. The hard part will be boots. Hopefully people will be able to bring some softer ski boots or AT boots. Or maybe even rent some boots there? I know it's not ideal, but I used ski boots for years back in the early days.

I just hope there will be some interest to justify a group and early season conditions can be iffy. But all that aside, I'm super excited to have this opportunity at Fall Festival and maybe the first time in a long time I am looking forward to attending!

Keenan, you are in instructor with AASI? I can try and check if it's ok for people from other divisions to attend. I'm going primarily for credits, but just super happy that they are willing to try this! I'm not sure at this point who is going to be leading the group. I think it would be fun to do a multi-discipline carving event!

Edited by kinpa

• 3 weeks later...
Can you post a link when there is one?

I did also find out that if you are a PSIA/AASI member, you can use this toward general credit requirements in your division. We need to have at least 4 participants (I think) to have the group, but I'm hoping if there aren't enough, we might be able to make a multi-discipline event out of the alpine groomer one!

Let me know if you want to go, I'd be happy to share some driving time. (I'm near Missoula so I'd think you'd be coming through here)

http://www.psia-nrm.org/fallfest/fall_fest_2014_details.htm