Note to New Members ×

Freecarver Prospect Snowboards STG1

snowmatic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Neil here from Prospect Snow.

Yes we are venturing a bit into the race/carve/alpine side of boarding.

We've got a local race coach that has helped us get some R&D done to get a good quality race board.

We manufacture all of our boards in house from core, to artwork, to pressing. The STG1 was new last year and we have it dialed for this year. Some other info, we use poplar cores, ABS sidewalls, the boards are fully wrapped in VDS for dampening, and

Really, we started building these boards to supply the local race leagues and designed it to run with either an alpine setup or with bomber plates. The widths on these boards are friendly to support either. The isosport race base and urethane footbeds are our high end additions and we've decided to keep the price reasonable because will be fun to beat the riders on the primo rides ;)

That aside, we build our poplar cores in house, sublimate the prints, and print in house. As from beginning to end as it gets. It has been a minute since I've snapped pics of building these, but here are some photos from the original prototype. I have these in the production queue for early december and should be available before christmas.

proto.jpg

proto2.jpg

proto3.jpg

proto4.jpg

proto5.jpg

Welcome to Bomber Online Forum!!

PS. I want the old "Dakine" bag laying on the floor :)

Bryan

PS. I think your "DIY" "Build your own" kits would really take off here IF:

Allow us to spec the details

Include longer alpine boards

Include children/jr race board shapes.

Just my take, I think you may be surprised by the buying power of BOL members.

We may be a bit "Detail Oriented" but that might prove to be a good thing !

Edited by www.oldsnowboards.com

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the words Bryan,

I am adding a few things to the fleet this year.

1 - a 146 jr STG1 for the lil shredders. This will follow a waist width and sidecut that allows a hard or soft boot/plate.

We are toying around with some boards that have a narrower waist to make a more aggressive GS model. Stay tuned on this.

There was a chuck at specing out the DIY boards at first.

The hurdle is offering options, especially limitless options creates a nightmare on the manufacturing side.

The comparative thought... Ordering a burger with 100 options and variables across all those options...

There is bound to be a burger with 1ml of too much mustard that should have been 100% (not 99.999%) evenly distributed that will sour a relationship and make me cringe.

That might sound ridiculous, buuuuuuuuttttttt.... I've built enough to know.

Anyway, I could indeed up the level of choices or make a more editable product if the interest was there. Maybe assemble a list of interested people and target goal of pre orders?

If it sounds rad to anyone, email me contact@prospectsnowboards.com

I'm not going to make the push on this, if it is of interest I'll let you guys spread the word.

After thinking a little more on the last post I came up with a compromise that I felt I can pull off.

For carvers with an itch to build a board I added a few options based on the STG1 architecture to our board build kits.

The board build kits we make are "ready to press" which means the core is already profiled and shaped, edges are attached, and sidewalls and inserts are already attached. All that needs to be done is to glue on the tipfill and toss it in a vac bag or press.

Details are on the Prospect website.

http://prospectsnowboards.com/product/snowboard-building-kits/

If you guys want to post any suggestions for options feel free.

• 2 months later...

Neil, are you making or prepared to make something more like , 185cm, 19cm waist, 12-14 SCR M, beefy (250lb rider) that bends boards? 

Nothing on the list comes close right now?  Looks more BMX / All mountain , correct? 

Perhaps a 200cm all mountain ? 22CM waist , 12 SCR ?? 

That pretty much describes what I ride.  Thanks, Bryan 

I do like what you are doing. 

SUGGESTION!! 

Build a 125 Jr Race board with a 18cm or sub 18cm waist and an appropriate flex and scr for a 80lb 10-13 yr old.  I think they would sell like hotcakes here.  You already make a grom, just narrow it up , alpine profile, you have a niche covered.  

I admire anyone willing to try to mix it up against all the chinese boards with big marketing.   Tough chore.  Find a niche that isn't already overflowing with builders?   

I don't see any swallows in the line up, allot of images of pow guns but not one listed??  

Even split builders are getting pretty plentiful.   Working with Bomber Industries is a good move!!