Note to New Members ×

I got my metal out!

KingCrimson

Makes me wonder what color mine is ??

I was hoping I could leave it in. I believe it is a part of some of my issues though.

They did remove some of the screws when the bone was not heeling fast enough.

Evidently the bones movement is one of the triggers to it mending. Who knew?

It was like breaking it all over again, couldn't believe how much that hurt. Pulling that bent nail out

can't be much fun either. Damn!!

Makes me wonder what color mine is ??

I was hoping I could leave it in. I believe it is a part of some of my issues though.

They did remove some of the screws when the bone was not heeling fast enough.

Evidently the bones movement is one of the triggers to it mending. Who knew?

It was like breaking it all over again, couldn't believe how much that hurt. Pulling that bent nail out

can't be much fun either. Damn!!

Mine hurt like **** to have in. My ankle and the fracture point felt better 5 minutes after the surgery than they have in the last year. I can't believe people actually hardboot with these things in. If you get yours out, you'll be amazed at how clambaked the rod's construction is for the thousands it costs. Fin could teach them a thing or two about machining..

I definitely had movement with mine, I'll to whip out the DSLR but there is a patch of the anodizing that is gone from movement.

The nail removal is actually supposed to be a fairly mellow operation if yours was capped and set correctly. I guess mine was set way too deep and had a ton of bone growth on the threads. The orthopedist wasn't happy with the surgeon who placed it. I'm surprised that the Mammoth surgeon doesn't do every single tibial nail perfectly with his ski town tenure.

Chances are yours is a Stryker or a Synthes, both of which are titanium and blue. Stryker makes some nice gurneys too.