Note to New Members ×

Madd 170

piusthedrcarve

I have a Madd 170 red sidewall (stiffer than green sidewall) for sale.

I got this one from Big Canuck early last season and ride is awesome. Tip got some damaged so I cut the nose to be more squared. Epoxied the cut area with slow curing maine epoxy. (there is a thread about the process with before & after in somewhere) Tuned it to 3 degree side edge bevel and 1 degree base edge bevel. One of best Madd decks I've ridden.

It's hard to break my Madd collection but want to try other decks for 170 range. Currently it is covered with storage wax. $395 OBO + shipping.

2dbqq78.jpg2gxqy6t.jpg14vo2t4.jpg1zguemd.jpg343tfu8.jpg

Edited by piusthedrcarve

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

One happy or terribly disgruntled newbie....

:)  The newbie showed up with a WC 180 deck to learn.  He wasn't going anywhere with the stick.  As soon as he is on this Madd, he was able to bend and progressed after.  Since I found new deck (actually older) on 170 range, I thought this Madd would be happier to convert one to this madd sport. 

Here is a reason that I listed for sale 

I probably had ridden more than twenties of 170 range carving specific decks and I haven't found any deck that rode better than this one. Little nose cosmetic surgery that I did actually made it better for condition I ride.  Then.... I found a deck end of last season that I've waited few years.  It's 170 range one.  I was sure the newly acquired one would ride better for me than this one.. so...listed for sale.  

Now, I rode the new deck and it's a great board as expected but this Madd was easier.  Well.. I only rode a day on soft snow.  so I will test it more when the condition is right.