Note to New Members ×

Best powder board for a 5'2" lady

morganmachen

Any suggestions as to what kind of snowboard would work best in powder for a 5'2", 130LB lady? My girlfriend is pretty new to powder riding and has recently been having a blast on a Burton Hero 142 in 15 inches of fairly light Sierra cement. She also has a Roxy C2BTX 148 that she loves on groomers. It works pretty well in the pow as well but isn't as playful as the softer Burton, which doesn't carve well on groomers. We were recently looking at a 148 Jones Hovercraft. I think if they made a 142 or 145 that would be an amazing pow surfer for her and which would also work well on groomers.

I rode the con artist, which is worth a try. I'm taller but only a little heavier and it was entirely ridable for me but a tad too short I felt. That's 152. Otherwise, it's best to try a few. If she likes short, there are several boards designed to ride short.

I"m 5'7" and about 125LBs. Have had some super days on my Burton Malolo - it's a 150-something (can't remember exactly right now and I'm not at home to look) but I hear they make it in a 149 length that many women like. This winter I spent all my lift served powder days on my Prior Khyber 156 splitboard because I love the lightweight AT boots and bindings I have on it - was super fun in powder and not too bad on the groomers. The Khyber comes in a standard (not split) version too and the shortest is 150. Of course, I ride Rocky Mountain fluff, not sure how my experience would translate to "fairly light" Sierra cement! Cheers!

Thanks for the feedback. If they made the Con Artist in a 145 that would probably be ideal for her.

I rode the con artist, which is worth a try. I'm taller but only a little heavier and it was entirely ridable for me but a tad too short I felt. That's 152. Otherwise, it's best to try a few. If she likes short, there are several boards designed to ride short.

Can i ask what you paid for the Dupraz? Did you get it shipped to you? We looked at a ladies Hovercraft that measured up to about her forehead. I like that with the long, rockered nose the running length is reduced. Also, the swallow tail tips are beveled to be catch free. I think i can get one for $400 or less. Anyway, thanks again for the input.

Those are amazing looking boards, thank you! What's the base contour? My new Jones Hovercraft is camber with rocker starting at the front foot.

The Dupraz has a traditional cambered profile. It has a surprisingly short effective edge for the board length, mainly due to the long nose. The short effective edge allows the board to turn easily. The long nose and pintail make it a dream to ride in powder.

I don't recall how much she paid. All Boards Sports in Boulder, CO stocks all three sizes of Durpaz.