Note to New Members ×

Relationship question - guys and gals please chime in.

C5 Golfer

Purposefully didn't read the other replies to this thread yet. The gun hate probably comes from fear (understandably to a degree). He needs to do what he can to reassure her that storing them in the house is safe. There are many degrees to which you can safely store guns, and maybe he just has to be a little more extreme (aka storing dismantled pieces in seperate locked containers). IF she still wont move on that then he needs to make a choice, is she worth giving up having guns at his house. Usually these kinds of things aren't so black and white. Maybe a friend would be totally willing to store them. Maybe your friend doesn't go hunting all that often and it just wouldn't be a big deal.

But if he loves hunting, and she wont budge, I'd say lose the girl. That's too controlling and I sense danger ahead.

Though the subject of this thread was relationships & not guns, this seems to be one of the best, most reasoned discussions on guns I have ever seen. I think in many other environments / forums, I think this would have quickly devolved into a "guns are bad" -vs- "guns are good" shouting match dominated by partisans from each extreme. Too bad our larger society can't take a cue from this. I would think we could all find a reasonable middle ground.

I always suspected that carvers were some of the smartest people around. Good job guys (& gals).

Though the subject of this thread was relationships & not guns, this seems to be one of the best, most reasoned discussions on guns I have ever seen. I think in many other environments / forums, I think this would have quickly devolved into a "guns are bad" -vs- "guns are good" shouting match dominated by partisans from each extreme. Too bad our larger society can't take a cue from this. I would think we could all find a reasonable middle ground.

I always suspected that carvers were some of the smartest people around. Good job guys (& gals).

Agree with your nice comments... it is all good

Additional info I'd add to overall topic. Seems he is concerned about the general uptick of residential burglaries - some of them armed invasions in many cities -- and she currently lives and has lived in the past where residential break-ins were almost non- existent. So it is also not so much a gun in home issues, as it might be a difference of the level of crime awareness and him not wanting to be a victim. Might be a little of the “sticking her head in the sand like an Ostrich” so to speak.