Note to New Members ×

setting up the bindings.

Guest snowslider

Guest snowslider

i'm puzzled by the riser/canting plate.

these are an older pair of burton bindings.

i'm guessing the canting riser goes on the rear foot. but i want to know for sure.

any help is appreciated, and i knew this was where to come and ask.

looking forward to learning new turns.

ss

I went through this about 4 weeks ago in my first hardbooting experience. I started with the cant on the rear. That lasted one day. Now it's on the front and hasn't moved since. Since then i've spun it 90 deg counter clockwise and so far I've liked that best. My heelside (regular stance) was way too powerful and would send me in a skid instead of a carve, and so far that has seemed to help keep me in a carve instead of skidding. I'm sure it's lack of technique more than anything though, and is all part of learning. Also spinning that cant has helped me bend my knees more. It was hard to bend my knees at all with the first few setups.

The best thing I could tell you is that changes in your stance angles/cant/width/etc are going to feel pretty wierd the first few runs. Definately do at least a 1/2 day or more before you make another change because you might end up liking it after all. I'm still trying to track down a Burton circular 6 deg cant so I can try both front and rear. Hopefully one will show up on Ebay soon enough. I hope you don't get frustrated with Burton's lack of adjustability as I have. If I was better at it I'd spring for TD's or Catek's now but I'd rather wait till next season and see how I progress with the hardboots.

Happy carving, and good luck!:)

Of course you can ride it without the cant. I rode mine with the cant for a couple of years, then tried a year or two ago without it, and it felt even better, so I now ride flat and fell great. Don't be afraid to try. Bring a screwdriver to the hill if you want to experiment further.

Guest snowslider

thanks for the input.

i'll start w/o it, and then try it on the back foot pointing inward.

i think it'll be a big enough difference being in hard bboots and steep sngles and a narrow deck, it'll all be a big change to start off with.

ss