Note to New Members ×

5mm bits

Guest jeremiah

Guest jeremiah

I found a supplier of 5mm bits that fit standard snowboard tools (and 1/4" bitdrivers) but they only sold them in lots of 10, so I've got a few extra. If anyone needs one, send me your info and I'll mail them out. It won't be until next weekend though, since I left them in my pack at my ski house.

Jeremiah

Guest jeremiah

D-Sub,

The 5mm fits the bolts on Trenchdiggers, and I think most other bindings. If you want one, just post or email your mailing address and I'll ship one out next week.

Jeremiah

I went to a couple of local hardware stores in search for metric hex tools (t-wrench and bits).

The only thing they had was sets of tools (i.e. set of t-wrenches that had the one I needed for $30...).

Then I wasted about half an hour on google to find a decent store that had everything I wanted to order...

In the end I remembered that amazon started to carry tools - great source for all kinds of stuff. I found t-wrenches in different sizes and also bits in all possible sizes. Great prices - about $3 for a t-wrench, $1 for a bit. I ordered a few in each size that I wanted (4mm and 5mm)...

Hagen.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So Jeremiah,

You want to share with us who your supplier is?

Is it an online supplier?

I wouldn't mind having a few extra bits around...

I recentely started carrying one of these in place of the crappy snowboard tools that always strip when you torque them a little, smaller and more reliable:

post-114-141842202467_thumb.jpg

got mine, mike..

do you actually use yours to tighten your trenchdiggers?

Im pretty sure I have a fairly powerful driver, and I couldnt even loosen the hand-tightened bolts! I would think using this to tighten would leave them prone to comin undone?

Guest jeremiah

Skully--I got them from Maryland Metric, though someone pointed me to amazon.com in the tool section, which is where I will go next time. Having to buy in lots of 10 isn't so bad, gave me some good Bomber karma. I'm using a Bakoda McGyver Driver, it fits very well in my jacket pocket, holds the bits, and allows me to apply good force without stripping.

Tilledog--You're welcome; I hope to take you up on that beer someday. Not going to hit SES this year, and most likely not going west until next season. Was planning on doing at least a week in Idaho visiting the folks, but may swing down to Utah if the conditions are epic. Not a Mormon, though I grew up in some very LDS towns, where I did my best to corrupt 'em.

Chubz--I'll drop yours in the mail in the morning.

Jeremiah