Note to New Members ×

Binding Setup

modifiede30

A while back I had found a good reference source for binding setup - stance, being the one that was always the hardest for me to figure out. Once I got the stance, I usually set the binding cant/angles to what was most comfortable given the need to avoid overhanging the edges.

Anyone have a reference? I read through the carver's almanac and it was close but not what I had found previously.

Any help finding any additional reference points would be helpful.

I forget where the thread is on bomber, because I know I've seen it. I use this one: http://www.extremecarving.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1025 you have to do a little "interpreting" but the principles are all there. Hopefully someone can find the bomber thread.

Personally, my comfortable stance can change based on a number of factors, including snow conditions, any cross training (or lack of training) I did in the off season, liners packing out, board size/sidecut/flexibility, the slope I'm riding, how hard I'm charging - lots of different things. Since I take my bindings off the board when I wax, my stance and angles are never "exactly" the same when I put them back on. One thing I've learned is that living room comfort is not always an indicator of slope comfort.

Edited by NickG
lack of commas can create confusion!