Note to New Members ×

UPZ RSV Boots: 26-26.5

Wolf

* SOLD * These UPZ boots are in excellent condition with just some minor scratches and scuffs. The liners look brand new. They have heat-moldable ankle pockets that self mold as you wear the boots. The boots also have a spring system for forward flex that's similar in concept to Bomber's BTS.

I can't find sizing on these, but I wear a 26.5 in Raichle SB series boots and these fit comfortable but snug. I measured the sole length on the liners and it's 26.5 cm measured outside. Allowing for the thickness of the liners, I would say these are about 26 cm inside, all consistent with UPZ 26-26.5 sizing. The numbers molded into various parts of the shell are: Upper cuff - "LA 4-8"; Lower shell - "5.5-6.5"; Tongue -"L.S"; shell sole length - "287mm".

$300 plus shipping (PayPal transfer/gift)

post-923-141842403855_thumb.jpg

post-923-141842403859_thumb.jpg

post-923-141842403862_thumb.jpg

Edited by Wolf

My feet measure 8 US, but I generally have to buy shoes (sneakers, hiking boots, etc.) in 8 1/2 or 9 because my feet are kind of wide across the toes. My feet are shaped like these old "Earth Shoes" they sold in the 1970s:

post-923-141842403912_thumb.jpg

How much is shipping to Toronto, Ontario, Canada. M5R 2X8?

The boots weigh about 4-4.5 kg, so estimating 5 kg with box and packaging, Priority Mail International is the cheapest option at $54.50. I'll package well and if the weight exceeds 5 kg I'll cover any extra cost. Unfortunately, USPS charges the same rate for all of Canada - I could ship all the way to BC for the same price.

The boots weigh about 4-4.5 kg, so estimating 5 kg with box and packaging, Priority Mail International is the cheapest option at $54.50. I'll package well and if the weight exceeds 5 kg I'll cover any extra cost. Unfortunately, USPS charges the same rate for all of Canada - I could ship all the way to BC for the same price.

Thanks for your quick reply. I am interested in these boots. I use Bomber TD2 bingings. Intec obviously. Do you know if these boots have any issues with compatibility with TD2 bindings or any of the Bomber TD line? I must be sure of this. The geometry of the boot must be compatible. Do you know what year these boots are? I use Suzuka boots right now. Shipping cost is okay.

Thanks

Thanks for your quick reply. I am interested in these boots. I use Bomber TD2 bingings. Intec obviously. Do you know if these boots have any issues with compatibility with TD2 bindings or any of the Bomber TD line? I must be sure of this. The geometry of the boot must be compatible. Do you know what year these boots are? I use Suzuka boots right now. Shipping cost is okay.

Thanks

Oops! I forgot to ask. The intec heels really must have t-nuts in the boot (heel area). Do these boots have t-nuts. I can screw safely if they don't have those nuts. hehe!

DarkKnight - I'll check on the tee nuts later today when I get home from work. I had one of the liners out for the photo, and I'm pretty sure I saw tee nuts, but want to be sure. I do remember seeing a hole for an Intec cable, so I'm assuming they are compatible. The heels on these boots look new while the toe pads have some light wear - so it's quite possible the original owner of these had Intec heels on them and refitted the original heels prior to sale.

As far as TD binding compatibility, the alpinecarving website has some info and only mentions possible issues with TD1:

http://www.alpinecarving.com/boot_models.html#upz

Sorry, but I don't know the year of these boots, but they look very similar to the current RC10 model so I'm assuming they are one model year prior to those?

I had these exact boots and it was a very simple process to install the T-nuts. Stuck the nuts in and tightened them down with a washer, screw side, to seat the nuts... heels off, of course. Buy the correct screw,bolt package for the intecs, install and WhaLah! Just make sure you have the correct size driver for the screw, other wise your creating your own problems. No fit issues!

Thanks, yooperboy, for helping with the t-nut question.

Here is one more photo showing the new looking heel pads and light wear on the toe pads. The heads on the toe pad screws all look good. The photo makes a couple of them look stripped/worn, but that's just the way the photo came out.

post-923-141842403942_thumb.jpg

These look like the predecessor to the RTR which are the predecessor to the RC-10, which are race boots. Below is the tongue stiffness guide, from the UPZ site.

Red - soft 100 flex tongue set

Black - medium 120 flex tongue set

Silver - stiff 140 flex tongue set

Dark Grey - super stiff 160 flex tongue set.

These would be a different boot than the Deeluxe, the sole length will be much smaller so you can't easily swap from one boot to another on the same board to compare.

Edited by breesej
remove encoded html

..well, looks like I would like to get Black or Red tongue set. all said w ship gets me @ $500.

I could get last years rc10/black new for $545. think i'll wait some, or try to dig up softer tongue set.

THANKS for info, really helps. Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...