Note to New Members ×

Timberline 13/14

Waboarder

First day on hardboots this season. Hard pack and real deal ice. Once i established trust in my set up I was able to rail turns with confidance. Palmer was frozen golf balls over hardpack, no so good but the mile and Norman were pretty damn fun. More of the same tomorrow and for the next week. May venture to Meadows on Monday.Glad I stumbled on to Bomber and got introduced to alpine snowboarding. I'll never give up the soft boots but i sure have fun w/ the hardboots.Now we just need more snow so i can bring out the new stuff.

I rode at Timberline Thursday for the 8 th day in a row. Palmer was the best i have seen it in a long time. Aside from

the super flat light, the grooming was excellent and there was actual snow, not hard pack, ice, frozen granular or

slush. Started out on the lower mountain and it was ok for maybe 1.5 hrs but it warmed up fast and the granular

turned to slush over cobbled hard pack. Those without wax were hurting. Went up to Palmer to check it out and found it to

be awesome. Every other day this trip I've had 2 or 3 set-ups with me, with at least 1 alpine board. For some reason

I did not think it would be worthy so I only brought the Donek Saber 170. Had a lot of fun with it but almost drove back to Welches to get the hardboots. Will finish this trip off today with what looks like a 2"-3" of new and will not be back untill

conditions improve. Lesson learned, always pack a hardboot set-up.

Rode tline on Saturday while my daughter was in the Cato high school ski races. Got early runs starting at 815am . Firm technical riding with some good spots on the mile . The 2 inches of new really helped. The palmer was open and it was good midway down. The top was real firm with blue ice below. Overall a good day the hone my ice skills!