Note to New Members ×

board lenght

Gben

i'll sell you a völkl 168gs, with snowpro bindings, for €120 + shipping. might be slightly more difficult starting out on but you're in the weight range for it. EU shipping is not usually prohibitive.

try this auction for boots, most german ebayers will often happily post within the EU if you ask nicely. http://www.ebay.de/itm/261357889720

What about f2 speedster gts 158cm? and f2 intec carve Rs?

would it work to my weight and to begin in the carve world?

http://fun-sport-vision.com/shop/__F2-Speedster-GTS-Snowboard-158cm-2012__00100794_2__66.10.html

http://www.ebay.de/itm/261357850158

I need fast replies because I'm in binding and boots auctions.

Edited by Gben

I have bought the deeluxe 325 and the f2 intec carve rs binding!!!!

Thank you Kieran for the link!!

tomorrow I wil decide betweeen the speedster and el diablo... which would be better for me?

el diablo seems to be all montain and I want to follow me friends wherever they go... and technical carve in the slope...

el diablo is 154 and the speedster is 158.. I think 154 will work better for my weight...

el diablo is much cheaper but much old too...

the big question is could I learn the perfect carve with el diablo?

Happy Holidays!!!

Those are great boots and bindings! Those were the boots I started in but I replaced them with the UPZ.

For the boards the F2 is great, I own a 2012 speedster and it is a good board that is fast and carves well. I have not rode the El Diablo but it is wider so you can use lower angles which would probably be a bit easier learning, it would also go more places and it could probably be ridden in powder too (I would not do it on my speedster). But personally I would go for the extra length of the speedster but that's just me, I never ride smaller than a 157 just because to me it feels awkward, I don't know how tall you are but I am just a bit lighter and 170cm tall. But go with whatever you think you will be comfortable on and pick the board for what you want to do. The speedster will probably be a little stiffer and it should have better hold on the groomers but the El Diablo will be a do anything board that should carve well too and be easier to flick around and make tighter turns. Hope that helps

May I wait to buy the 158 board?

No, these are outlet boards, thats why the boards/sets are cheap. Pale factory doesn't exist anymore.

maybe it will be the worst

Pale boards are not the winners choice. But on the otherside they are not that bad and mostly of good made & quality.

Tell me something about this boots?

;) I was sure this question will follow!

No comment anymore, You made your decision.

F2 el-diablo 154 2008

It's a shrinked in waist F2 Eliminator for 40-65kg . What do You want? To carve or to ride Snowboardcross with hardboots?

F2 Speedster GTS 158cm 2012

@19.5cm waist? Upgrade your new super-soft bindings to stiffer ones.

try this auction for boots

Bingo! Right one perfect link, that's it! As I wrote it above Deeluxe liners, they are just a kind of disaster. The seller wrote why he put them to ebay and he will switch back to softboots now!

Ah, here we go again...

Rather You may or can think about, then filter things out!

Ask Kessler how he developed KST! Did he on snowboard, or did he on skis?

And as he overtake KST to snowboards, for what type of slopes he was working on?

What can be best choice for US, must not perform best for slopes/snow/mountains and style of ridings anywhere.

I don't say Kessler's are bad, but Kessler's have limitations. For riding in Spain on the most West located spots in Europe for snowboarding, just where Magelan and Columbus left the world to explore america,

17.jpg

you can ride Kessler and a Goltes Easy Carve for sure.

Otherwise there can be some ice ahead, even here where I rode. Some pure ice, You know! It's not that snow hardened by low pressure from Ratrac some vew times. It's just only ice, You know. Hardened by tons of pressure since millions of Years.

image.php?id=D151_52BB3E7F&jpg

Even if steep and rough, capability of edge-grip and running silence would not be a wish, but just only basic attributes, even on higher speed.

It's a shrinked in waist F2 Eliminator for 40-65kg . What do You want? To carve or to ride Snowboardcross with hardboots?

No it is not. Today's Eliminator is a completely different geometry. ElDiablo has a very classic geometry - uniform and tight scr, very small taper, medium to softish flex, relatively big nose... Decide what are you campaigning against - modern race shapes or classic shapes?

What can be best choice for US, must not perform best for slopes/snow/mountains and style of ridings anywhere.

... For riding in Spain on the most West located spots in Europe for snowboarding, just where Magelan and Columbus left the world to explore america,...

To many "refreshments" with Christmas dinner, porhaps?

Otherwise there can be some ice ahead, even here where I rode. Some pure ice, You know! It's not that snow hardened by low pressure from Ratrac some vew times. It's just only ice, You know. Hardened by tons of pressure since millions of Years.

image.php?id=D151_52BB3E7F&jpg

Even if steep and rough, capability of edge-grip and running silence would not be a wish, but just only basic attributes, even on higher speed.

I'd really like to see you coming down that!

• 3 months later...

Thanks Gben for telling us Your result.

I'd really like to see you coming down that!

Really?

You know, there over in Europe, we don't just come down things like that, we like to do carving things like that!

Ever heard anything about carving? Carving means making some trenches to the ground, e.g. like here:

image.php?id=9BB5_5341B16C&jpg

Well, it's not from the same place You ask and it's just only a slope. It's hard to make good pictures on the steep ice You asked, because of near to no visible trenches on ice. And powdersnow is comming down from carving, ereasing anything like e.g. grooves.

For to be clear, there is no shift on angles with my camera. I can show You a crop of that above, there are visible constructions like a bridge on the right and some power-lines at the upper background. Pleas tell me if they build them out of angle.

image.php?id=33E2_5341B1C5&jpg

So there over in the Alps we can find slope angles of around 45° what means 100% of gradient.

For riding that we dont use and need style on edge. We just choose boards which perform 100% and we choose boards we can trust 100%. On every kind of snow and every conditions of slope. Even on cases if gradient can outreach that 100% up to 65° like on the lower part of the trench.

And Yes, resort does matter, it's a small resort, only 18 miles of mostly narrow and steep slopes. And they are lucky now, because upgrading this season from 3 to 4 Ratracs. So each one of the driver has now 4.5 miles only to grind each day.

Ahm, for sure they use only Ratracs with rope winch, all of them, others are simply not usable!

Ahm, and Yes never step out of bindings on such hills, keep Your board on ever. It's slipery, a stop can be obtained around 900ft lower of altitude. There are known victims which crashed and died.