Note to New Members ×

Binding set-up and cant angle

I recently switched to a different board and it has been a very very long time (15 years) since i changed or adjusted my binding stance and set-up. I forget why I have the cant angles I have or any theory as to why my set-up is the way it is. I was careful to transfer everything the same way I had it on my old board.

It didn't feel quite right on the new board and my front quad was real sore ( having said that it was also the first ride of the year, but I don't ever remember feeling that much before) . The only change is a slightly wider stance of about 5/8". ??? Maybe now is the time to re-look at my set-up and make corrections if needed.

stance about 20".

Burton race plate bindings. (thinking of replacing to TD2's).

Both cant angles are equal facing forward. Nothing on the cant angles tells me the degrees. They both rise about 9/16" each, is that a 3 or a 6 degree?

I have size 29.5 in boots so my angles may be more forward than most, I think I like my stance angles of, Back at 61 degrees, front at 73 degrees.

Does that all sound normal?

Peter V

That was very helpful thanks, I must have mistakenly put the front cant angle backwards and had it set as heel lift like the rear. That would explain the awkward feeling I had and all the pressure put on my front quad.

Thanks

One more question, can anyone tell me what my cant angles are if they are about (approx.) 9/16" at the widest?

Peter V