Note to New Members ×

(2) Burton "race stock" Factory Primes (185cm)

JShort

Selling off a couple of my boards from past years. I purchased both of these directly from Mark Fawcett. They were built custom for him back when he rode for Burton.

Both are in EXCELLENT condition and have been maintained very well over the years. The bases on both are like new. Both have very recent grinds. Edges are perfect with no burrs. The edges of the top sheets have the typical small dings, and the board with the Tinkler plate (#1 below) does have a small area that has a few more dings (top sheet edge only) and overall has a little more use than board #2. Board #2 has about 1/2 the use as board #1.

1. 185cm Factory Prime, 188mm waist width, black top/bottom, WITH Tinkler plate. EDIT: LOWERED to $350

2. 185cm Factory Prime, 188mm waist width, block top/bottom, drilled for Tinkler plate, but no plate included EDIT: LOWERED to $200

Again, these are "race stock" boards, not production ones. Both boards are identical in construction and stiffness and ride wonderfully. The Tinkler plate does make a big difference and that board does (in my opinion) require a stronger, more advanced rider.

Burton actually did the drilling for the Tinkler plate, so it is not a "backyard/hack job". Very nice work.

I can email pictures to anyone interested. My email is: jasonhshort@gmail.com

Thanks!

Edited by JShort

Love to see some photos of these boards with Tinkler plates.

Email sent.

I can help post the photos if you wish.

Bryan

Thanks Bryan, pics sent. I will work on getting some better pics tomorrow with my digital camera and not my scratched up iPhone one :)

Thanks, Jason

~tb, there is a TON of edge life left in these. They really do not have a lot of use on either board. I've been a tech for quite some time now and have tuned boards for numerous pro riders over the last 15 years. When properly tuned/maintained, edge material removal is quite minimal during sharpening.

Let me what price(s) you have in mind. These boards are not being used and are still great rides for someone.

Thanks!

~tb, there is a TON of edge life left in these. They really do not have a lot of use on either board. I've been a tech for quite some time now and have tuned boards for numerous pro riders over the last 15 years. When properly tuned/maintained, edge material removal is quite minimal during sharpening.

Let me what price(s) you have in mind. These boards are not being used and are still great rides for someone.

Thanks!

Shoot me an e-mail through the forum. . . If we can align on price, could it be dropped off in Irondequoit by thursday night?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

185 without Tinkler is still available for only $200. Just rode it yesterday and although a glass board, it still rocks! The board is in excellent condition. The base has never had a single ptex repair that I know of and the edges are sharp and smooth.

If you can't buy a Kessler with a plate etc., and like to race, take a look at these sticks. I rode a race stock 185 just like this, but that had been built for Klug, and won the 2007 USASA Nats on it. I pre-ran an ASRA skier's Super-G on it at Sugarbush in 2008 and the board was great at top speed. I still have it and ride it occasionally. Heck throw a bomber plate on it show those Kessler folks your tail. Good luck selling J. :-)

Thanks man! You are 100% correct. I rode this board for a few runs last week (first time in years) before getting on my Kessler. Although the Kessler is better, I was suprised at just how well this board still rode. I would expect my Kessler to ride better (at nearly 8 times the cost new), but for a $200 board, this thing just RIPS.

• 8 months later...

Bringing this back to the top for a new season. One board left:

2. 185cm Factory Prime, 188mm waist width, block top/bottom, drilled for Tinkler plate, but no plate included EDIT: LOWERED to $200

It's in beautiful condition with a nearly perfect base/edges. Never any damage.

hi - i sent an email yesterday. did you get it ?

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the email. I did receive it but have been swamped at work the past couple days and haven't had a chance to reply yet. For now, I'm only looking to sell outright and not trade.

Thanks for the interest!

Jason

• 3 weeks later...