Note to New Members ×

New Kessler Cross-light

Kessler has a new board this Year, the Cross-Light.

I rembember me 2 Years ago, Kessler talked from a prototype board which is below 2000 Gramm for the 158 length. But it was way to expensiv for to put on market (> $4000). Kessler was looking forward to be ready for around 2013, or maybe later.

Now Kessler comes out with a new board, it could not be the board I'm writing about, but a development out of it.

Unfortunatly they have no specs on their webside at this time. The new Cross-Light is announced on the event folder.

( www.kessler-swiss.com/en-US/events )

For new shapes, take attention to pureboarding also. For this season they sell the PB TWO 2.0 reloaded.

• 1 month later...

Kessler snowboards are comming late to the shops this Year. I checked the boards on a nice presentation weekend of all the new 2013-2014 snowboarding gear.

Attention, the brandnew Kessler Cross-Light commes with some much softer flex compared to The Cross itself. The Cross is a very stiff board, as stiff as all that Scott Strike raceboards have been once. It may be a good choice for heavy weight and powerfull riders. The new Kessler Cross-Light is even not little softer, I can say it's more to much softer! The difference is variable depending of the lenght. Even compared to a Kessler The Ride, a Kessler Cross Light feels softer in flex.

Kessler anounced 20% less weight on the Cross-Light. Thats not true, the new stock board is about 15% lighter than the orginal board The Cross. A Kessler Cross-Light comes with one pound less, then the orginal one is. The weight can be now compared to any other mid-price freestyle board from other brands.

Please note, all the raceboards called Kessler The Alpine are now delivered with UPM patterns beside 4x4. Except the short slalom boards with 150cm and 156cm lenght, they have Vist inserts and 4x4.

Check also the new slim K-Plate.

By the way: Kessler Swiss has moving headquarter at end of september this Year to an new location. So Hansjürg Kessler will be able to join Kessler Swiss headquarter in one single hour by car (and for sure at first by cabletrain).