Note to New Members ×

Freeride/powder boards (Prior, NS, Arbor, F2)

teach

I have some boards I'm unlikely to ride:

1) Prior Khyber 170. This board needs to go somewhere there is a chance it will encounter powder. It rides nicely in chopped-up softer stuff as well, and does carve as Prior claims. It's fairly wide (maybe 26 cm) and has a largish bulbous nose. I bought this in nearly perfect condition and it is still nearly perfect. $300 plus shipping. SOLD

2) Never Summer Premier F1 168. I bought this new just before the rockered ones came out -- this is a regular cambered board. I've only ridden it a few days (out west). I think it's designed to work well in powder, which I never see, so this is less than perfect for my situation and it doesn't get ridden. (That, and the fact that I'm not crazy about soft boots as I have to ride them at pretty high angles). I think it has a 26 cm waist. No nicks, dings or anything -- maybe you can see binding marks from the Burton C60s I had on it but that's it. $250 plus shipping.

3) Arbor Crossbow 166. Bought this new the year before the NS. This is a nice wood-topsheet Arbor, meant to be a freeride + pipe (but not park) board. That seemed like a good idea because to ride a half-pipe or other transition you want to be able to carve and hold an edge; for rails and "butters" you don't want edges and want the board to bend and twist all over the place. I rode this board for a full season and loved it. I learned to carve on it. But when I started getting good carves I started booting out even at 45 degree angles -- this board is narrow, maybe 25 cm or slightly less at the waist and I have M30 soft boots! This has the usual topsheet chips but is in excellent riding condition -- no base grinds, structure still new looking (it's the golf-ball dimpled one like some of F2's freeride boards), edges still full, never tuned with a file. $200? plus shipping. I hate to sell this one but really should. SOLD

4) F2 Respect 176. I got this used. It is in decent shape, topsheet looks good other than binding marks, but the base structure is maybe half-gone. Seems to be more powder-oriented. Some on this forum seemed to like it. Wider waist, again maybe 26 cm. Edges a little ragged (plenty left) and could use a tune. $175? plus shipping.

I'm about 190 lbs w/o gear, for reference. That's near the top end of the manufacturer's weight range for the NS and Arbor, I think.

Photos coming once I get camera gear straightened out.

Email me through the forum or post here with contact info.

Edited by teach
arbor, prior sold

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

TahoeSherpa, I've been away from computers and home for longer than I expected. Just now getting caught up. Any board you're interested in especially? (I'd email but that option doesn't appear when I click your username -- you may want to set that up)

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What size boot? If you don't wear really large boots I'd suggest the Arbor. If you do have say size 12 or 13 boots, you'll find the Arbor too narrow when you start carving your turns. It worked great for the first stages of learning to carve for me, but to avoid boot drag I need angles higher than 45 degrees.

The Never Summer is in pristine condition and is a more versatile board than the Arbor -- wider, very damp, and will work well in powder. A little less carvy and snappy, though. Goes with the territory, I guess.

$250 shipped to CA is fine for the NS. I'll send email through the forum with my paypal address if you want to go ahead.

Sounds like arbor is the right one for my son. He is around mondo 27 and I want to have him get on carving from skidding on freestyle boards. arbor is the 3rd one from left in the picture? Also could you email me pics of the right size bindings you have and price? Priceactionhunter at gmail dot com. Thx.

Arbor is far right. 3rd from left is the F2 Respect 176. From left to right, Prior Khyber 170, Never Summer Premier F1 168, F2 Respect 176, Arbor Crossbow 166. The wood topsheet on the Arbor doesn't come through very well in the photo -- it's a darker wood with dramatic grain. It has a nice range of stance widths -- not just the usual 30" - 36" range of jib boards.

I'll go dig up the bindings and get some photos and email you. Do you have a softboot setup already? If so you could use those bindings and boots until the need for something stiffer becomes clear.

kalalex -- received payment, thanks! I'll email you tomorrow with tracking info.

bernie -- The Prior has a 26.5 waist, the NS a 26 waist. I rode both with size 13 boots. I don't like any boot drag, so used angles like 35/40 or 40/45. Shipping to Montreal would probably have to be USPS, right? Otherwise there are outrageous brokerage fees? I will check tomorrow at the PO and let you know. I'm guessing around $50 but could be wrong in either direction.