Note to New Members ×

Tipping point at a small hill in Indiana

lonbordin

Today something wonderful happened...

I arrived at Paoli Peaks before the lifts started running and was rewarded with the best groom and snow I've seen in sometime. Fantastic conditions for carving and low numbers of people on the hill.

I was really focusing on clean connected carves all morning. Smooth was my rule.

I first noticed some ski instructors working on carving their turns. Then some of the regulars... then some of the jibbers... a couple of hours later it seemed like the majority of people we attempting to carve and link their turns. It was like a virus. I had people of all flavors waiting for me at the top and bottom of each run and many great conversations on the lifts.

I wasn't doing really deep or hard carves... I may have lit the fire but it was fanned by the others.

Why today? Snow conditions maybe... probably just dumb luck and then a tipping point occurred. What ever it was.. it was awesome.

The day was tempered by the news that one of the ski shop employees took out the N.O.S. Burton Coil yesterday and broke both their legs going into the trees. This was a second hand report but was corroborated by an employee. I hope the reports are exaggerated. ( Note: I'm the one whom was urging the employees to give the coil a shot last week! :( )

What-a-day.

Edited by lonbordin
important piece left out, ok?!