Note to New Members ×

TD2/Td3 cant discs - just figured out the notches

scrutton

Was looking at my bindings mounted on a board, thinking that "Hmmn, that doesn't look right". Seems like Fin designed the cant discs to have three notches visible from the exterior for the three degree disc (on the highest point on the cant), and six notches for the six degree can't disc. Sure enough, I had my six degree on my front binding, and the 3 degree on the rear.

Good to know, and have the quick visual check. The more I use this stuff the more I learn.

Fixed the setup, and looking forward to trying it out with the forward lean's set up correctly.

Have you been riding it the other way around? If so the new way may not be correct. Always good to test different setups to find what is really right for you and not the masses.

Ink

Yes, I have. I've been riding it that way for 4 days this season. Funny thing is that it's felt close to perfect, and I've posted some really good personal times on the race course with it set up this way. In this reversed configuration, it would have a tendency to weight the board slightly towards the tail.

I've swapped the cant discs over now to 3 front and 6 back, and rotated them very slightly to make the front flatter and the rear slightly inward canted, so, I'll see how I do with them in this configuration.

I'm tempted to pick up some more 0,3, 6 cant discs to experiment more (then I could just change one thing at a time). Anyone selling, drop me a line.

A gas pedal can be a good thing for some people. I am interested in hearing times with it now reversed, especially after you saying that it "felt close to perfect". In the course with timing is the best way to see if the changes are helping or hurting, at least for a racer. Please keep posting your findings.

Ink

I'm racing with different folks on different courses each week, so it's difficult to compare apples to apples, but this week, my times got worse (compared with others), with the 3 on front and 6 on rear. Of course that's only one factor. I run step-in's (TD2s), and I wonder if the heel being slightly high due to the step in interface might make it worth experimenting a little with different cant's (probably a 6 on the front might make sense) to level things out. I felt smooth on GS, and a bit jerky on a couple of gates on slalom. I might consider spreading my stance out a touch too; perhaps anyhow.

Slalom I made 7th out of 9 in my flight of similarly handicap levels.

GS times, I made 5th out of 9.