Note to New Members ×

Sunshine - Mar 2

Puddy Tat

I'm dropping Zoe off for all-day lessons at 10AM just outside Mad Trapper's. Then I'll be riding by myself until I have to pick her up at 3:30. If anyone wants to come up and trench Sunshine for the day drop a line below and we can meet at Mad Trapper's at 10AM. I'm sure it would screw with the instructors heads if there were a bunch of alpine decks lined up outside of Mad Trapper's when their lessons started. :)

My plans are to spend the day carving but:

Should it be a hardpack day (<15cm of fresh) I'll definitely be on the Schtubby and carving.

Should it be a ridiculous powder day I'll be freeriding whatever is out there on the Incline and ATBs. If its such a day and you've got an avy beacon and gear I'll bring mine and go drop into the Dive or Wild West with you.

Cheers,

Dave

Hold that thought. I was hoping Nakiska would get at least a dusting yesterday, but once again it got no-snow-zoned. Sunshine looks like the better option for the weekend. I suspect I might even have a free day on the Sunshine card, in which case, count me in.

Apologies, I just got an email from the Sunshine ski school. The Freeriders lesson program is having their race day on Saturday, where the kids are racing in a short gated course on Snowsnake at 1PM. I'll still be up there carving at 10AM but at about 1PM I'll be going to watch Zoe take a run or two down the race course.

Allee, or anyone else who was thinking of coming out, if you've got other stuff to do, I totally understand.

Cheers,

Dave

No worries. We can ride for a couple of hours in the AM and then I can spin some laps on Goat's Eye when you go to watch the racing. I don't plan on leaving the hill late, so that will work fine. Conditions there will still be the pick of the local hills anyway, so quite happy to rock out to Banff.

Edited by Allee