Note to New Members ×

wrist guards

Guest kriss

if you go to www.snowboardsecrets.com there is a description of a new wrist guard developed by german dr. -it is called flexmeterand looks like "nogomer" brand but can bend at the wrist.if anyone chooses to go to that site, what is your opinion of the flexmeter. vs. no gomer type.

Main difference to me is the thumb protection. As many of us like to reach down low, the thumb can get caught and get ripped behind. Hence the idea of the Gomer which was designed specifically for thumb protection (Dr. Mark Borzecki, who suffered such injury while snowboarding came up with the idea post injury, and developped it with the help of a physiotherapist- can't remember his name).

Esthetic is in favor of the Flex.

Both are designed by MDs. The Gomer has not been clinically tested but should work for wrist injury just as well as any regular wrist guards.

FYI, the No Gomers are now made by Auclair or at least have the Auclair name on them. I saw a single pair at Skiis and Biikes in Mississauga. I've always wondered why the No Gomers were so hard to get. I guess distribution was a challenge for a coupla doctors. Maybe Auclair will make them more available.