Note to New Members ×

need advice on shopping

Cindy Kleh

Just inherited a pair of old Raichle boots from a girlfriend ('97?). When I put in my inserts they fit like a glove, although I may have to put some time in the weightroom just to handle the buckles!

Now I'm shopping for a board and plates that won't break my bank. I'll be using it for GS and slalom races mostly, the more versatile, the better. I'm 5'6" and weigh 130. Any recommendations? Got anything you'd like to get rid of?

Thanks,

Cindy

lots of race smaller sticks on there super cheap

I got a factory prime 151 still in the plastic with burton step in race for 115 shipped for my little lady

I have a Generics 159 it has lots of topsheet scuffs but the base is in good condition could probably use a grind to freshen it if you plan to race

it is 19.7 cm wide and has a 9.5 meter sidecut

bindings are blax and are ridable but thats not saying much

I would part with it for $80 plus shipping

I'm about the same height and weight as Cindy and ride a Oxygen Proton 149 SL. I would highly recommend that board. It's easy to turn and you won't need a better board as your skills progress. The 149's can still be found cheap on EBay and I think someone was selling one for cheap in the classifieds.

I would recommend staying away from Burton Alps. The Alp is OK for a beginner, but once you get better, you'll want to drop the Alp.

If you are looking to race G.S. and SL, get two boards. I know it will cost more, but you simply can't get a board that will do both well. You either end up with a board that will ride Sl good and make G.S. feel down right scary. Or a board that will ride G.S. ok, but make SL way more work than it needs to be. Or you could end up with a board that sucks for both.

Going by your height and wight, I'd recommend a Sl board around the 151 size and a G.S. board around a 170. This dosen't take in your skill level.

I see your point. I need it more in the GS. I could probably get away with my freeride/BX board for slalom. My skill level is probably pathetic. It might take some time and coaching to be able to use this stuff. But I'm very curious to see what kind of time I can shave off my GS. Also interested in a speed suit. Wm's med.

cindy