Note to New Members ×

Setup help...

glenn

^

^If you 'ghost' the board down the slope, will it still wobble?

I bet it would but you wouldn't know it. I'll shoot mine down from the top of U-Mass later today and let you know how it goes. Should I take the bindings off to make sure the experiment isn't tainted? :rolleyes::D

Here's my theory. Bare with me 'cause it's silly:

With a normally cambered board, the point of drag is the same on both sides at the rear of the board. Even through some irregularities in the snow, the back two corners of the board will drag. With a decambered tail the back end of the board rises gradually off the snow and irregularities in the snow will strike different drag points on either side of the board and those points will change as the board glides over the changing contours. Combine this with a tightening side-cut that starts about where the decamber does and you'll feel some wobble or fishtailing when there's enough weight on the board to cause those side-cuts to bite. I suspect that the o.p. always spins one way because he's more sensitive or reacts more subtlety toward one side than the other.

If you run Sidewinders, I would pull those before ghosting, for obvious reasons.

As to your theory, no sillier than others, but I don't think my remaining ration of food stamps will cover the purchase.

If the base is 'true', de-camber shouldn't make a dif. That's there for your benefit.

The System has no moving parts until you step on it, so if it doesn't misbehave on its own...

...you'll feel some wobble or fishtailing when there's enough weight on the board...

I'll swap you an old Duncan Yo-Yo for this part though. Won't sleep properly, but it's probably the string.

Glenn,

When I first started on TD2's I ran 3* front toe, 3* rear heel and experienced the same "pulling" you are talking about. I ultimately solved it by losing the heel lift, tightening the stance, and dropping my angles. I know that lift/cant can be a personal thing, but maybe what worked for me will work for you.

Nick

^

^If you 'ghost' the board down the slope, will it still wobble?

Unless the board is offered in a 'hook' or 'slice' version, it shouldn't try to pull in either direction when ridden flat, so long as the rider is standing truly neutral (in terms of pressure and tilt inputs) on both axes, and the base of the board is not somehow compromised.

Your statement regarding lift unloading suggests that you are not quite 'on the bubble', so to speak.

Glenn, have you verified that the base is truly 'in plane' on a reference surface, both at rest, and when weighted?

The base is flat as flat could be and there is no twist (meaning the board lays flat on a flat surface) if that's what you're referring to...

• 2 weeks later...

So, again, thanks gents...Figured out my issue. Rear toe and heel blocks too far toward heel side. Moved them and board immediately started tracking right. All's well in the universe and balance is restored.

You guys that called torque were on the right track. Rear foot position being heel side of center line caused body to try to correct consequently tail slide toe side. Not sure why this was so pronounced on this board compared to my Prior. Thinking back the Prior did have the slightest tendency to do the same but relaxing would bring it back. It was barely noticeable...

Let me tell you fellas...THAT COILER ROCKS NOW!!! 1luvu::