Note to New Members ×

Replay XD Camera 1st use

Steve Prokopiw

I just got a Replay XD 1080 pov camera and mounted it to the board using the longest of my mounts.This was at NICE 2013 last week.The camera stopped working the next day,but they're sending me a new one.I like the Replay XD enough to give the product a chance even though it conked out on me this time.I like the fact that there is minimal fisheye effect,although that makes for less of a wide (or tall) view of the surroundings

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VnYa7aUsweY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

...I like the fact that there is minimal fisheye effect,although that makes for less of a wide (or tall) view of the surroundings

The rider's headless there, but I think that from that distance irrespective of lens you're going to have trouble getting the rider all in there.

The rider's headless there, but I think that from that distance irrespective of lens you're going to have trouble getting the rider all in there.

I was trying to keep it light weight so I made several interchangable mounting brackets that angle the camera differently.The next vid I will use a different bracket and have a little less of the board showing and more of the rider,but for the most part,I like having the head disappear and reappear during turn transitions.Soon though, I'll have three two ounce Replay XD 720 cameras(about the weight of one GOpro H3) -each with it's own horizon angle to capture a more realistic view point when laid out in turns.It's fun to play with this stuff :-)