Note to New Members ×

Hardboots needed - Size 29/29.5

thenerb

I am in need of a set of hardboots. Just purchased a board (01/02 Oxygen 172GS) and am now needing some boots.

I am currently an expert level skier and looking to try out alpine snowboarding. I've snowboarded a handful of times on a freestyle board with softboots, but never really loved it. Always felt too floaty, soft, and like I was fairly disconnected from the snow. Hoping that alpine snowboarding with hardboots gives me that connected precision feel that I get with my skis. :)

I believe my current ski boots are size 11-11.5 or so. Guessing that works out to a Mondo size of 29.5?

I would prefer a nice set of boots, but am having trouble finding anything other than brand new. Not willing to spend a large chunk of money since I've never done this before.

Think I can get away with using my ski boots if I can set them to not drag in the snow? I know Skwallers often use regular ski boots.

Thanks!

Edited by thenerb

Just came across your post and I have a pair of Burton harboots 29.5 with almost new liners that I do not use...(Fire or Furnace model)

I rode these boots and realized that they were too big for me so I bought size 28 liners and rode them for about 2 seasons. The original liners have maybe 2 days on them. The boots are in really good shape and work just fine. A few scuffs on the left foot from skating, i'm goofy foot.

I have pictures of everything if interested. Looking for about 150 for everything.

Marc

Just came across your post and I have a pair of Burton harboots 29.5 with almost new liners that I do not use...(Fire or Furnace model)

I rode these boots and realized that they were too big for me so I bought size 28 liners and rode them for about 2 seasons. The original liners have maybe 2 days on them. The boots are in really good shape and work just fine. A few scuffs on the left foot from skating, i'm goofy foot.

I have pictures of everything if interested. Looking for about 150 for everything.

Marc

Marc,

Definitely interested. What size street shoes do you wear?

Go ahead and e-mail me the pics as they sound great

Thanks!

- Brent

Hi fellow Carver. I have these just put up on Kijiji in Canda.Black/grey

All buckles in very good shape, as are boots.

I bought these used, but I prefer randonnee boots instead.

Asking $ 150obo Shipping extra, but happy to do it.

I can send you pix if you like

I'm at olavc@oilpro.ab.ca, or 403 813-9042.

<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

• 2 weeks later...