Note to New Members ×

Another "help me in picking equipment" post :-)

tgen79

Hi all,

I'm back to carving after about 10 years of not riding at all - boy have things changed, where did all the carvers go?!? I'm glad I found this forum though :-)

Was just wondering what size board would be recommended for a woman, 1m63, 165 pounds. So far I have a crush on the Prior 4WD, but I wonder if their smallest length (159) is even gonna be small enough for me... I'm an advanced rider, I'm more a big fan of extreme carving than speed. Suggestions are most welcome!

Cheers guys, looking forward to reading from you! G. :-)

This is the list of question I usually ask in order to get started on sizing and speccing a board for a customer.

Sex:

weight:

height:

shoe size:

The type of board I am interested in:

riding style:

home mountain:

favorite mountain:

My current board is a (include length, model, and manufacturer if possible):

What I like about my current board:

What I don't like about my current board:

What improvements or changes I would like to see in the performance of a new board:

So far I have a crush on the Prior 4WD, but I wonder if their smallest length (159) is even gonna be small enough for me... I'm an advanced rider, I'm more a big fan of extreme carving than speed. Suggestions are most welcome!
They also make a 154 but it is recommended for people lighter than you. Most people run Alpine gear longer than their freeride boards. The 159 might even be a little soft for you, I'd ask Prior about it. Or for similar/less money you can get something more tailored for you from Donek or Coiler.

sex: f

weight: 165 pounds

height: 1m63

shoe size: womens us 9

The type of board I am interested in: all mountain carving board

riding style: i love deep carving, powder, a little bit of everything, being able to go everywhere but mostly carving

home mountain: i don't have one

favorite mountain: mont tremblant, qc canada

My current board is a (include length, model, and manufacturer if possible): my last board was an A., i think a 159, race board - i can't find the exact name of the model

What I like about my current board: i'm not sure, i sold it a long time ago, but to be honest I don't think I loved a lot of things about that board.

What I don't like about my current board: it was very rigid, i would not be able to carve as deep as I would have liked, it felt like I would get ejected from my path too often.

What improvements or changes I would like to see in the performance of a new board: I think I would like a more versatile less rigid board, I would like to carve real deep.

Edited by tgen79

@ Neil, thanks a lot for the info
Also not sure if you have found it yet, but the Quebec ride board here is pretty active, you can probably arrange to get together with some people for advice/coaching/demos. I'm pretty sure there are a few from Tremblant but my French sucks so I don't follow the discussions there.

sex: f

weight: 165 pounds

height: 1m63

shoe size: womens us 9

The type of board I am interested in: all mountain carving board

riding style: i love deep carving, powder, a little bit of everything, being able to go everywhere but mostly carving

home mountain: i don't have one

favorite mountain: mont tremblant, qc canada

My current board is a (include length, model, and manufacturer if possible): my last board was an A., i think a 159, race board - i can't find the exact name of the model

What I like about my current board: i'm not sure, i sold it a long time ago, but to be honest I don't think I loved a lot of things about that board.

What I don't like about my current board: it was very rigid, i would not be able to carve as deep as I would have liked, it felt like I would get ejected from my path too often.

What improvements or changes I would like to see in the performance of a new board: I think I would like a more versatile less rigid board, I would like to carve real deep.

I'd say an axxess as short as 150 and as long as 165. We can tailor stiffness to your height, weight, and riding style easily within that size range. I'd suggest between a 19 and 20cm waist width. We discuss all these options in depth on the phone and help you get the board that fits you perfectly. Lead time is about 10 days and the price is listed on the web site (sorry can't quote it here, that's the rule).