Note to New Members ×

Mountain Creek is making snow

jtslalom

• 3 weeks later...

I drove past Mountain Creek this morning and they were making snow with all their lights on. It looks like the night time temps for the rest of this week (12/12/12) are pretty good for making snow. I'm not sure what the official word is but I don't think this weekend is remotely possible for opening. Possibly next week might be more like it.

• 2 weeks later...

6 - 8 inches of snow fell on Vernon and Mountain Creek. The opening day is now projected for December 29. I was really hoping they would have opened on Wednesday 12/26 but no go. We are expecting another 1 - 3 inches of snow on Saturday here in Vernon. It should make for a great opening. I will be riding first tracks on Sunday morning. Hope to see other carvers there.

Rode today (Sunday 12/30/12) with Kevin, Dave, and Mike (carvingBassist). Had a fantastic day riding. Conditions were PERFECT for carving. The cab was closed however due to high winds and the triple was the only lift to the top that was open at north peak. The lift line got crowded around 11:00 but the slopes weren't to bad and we were able to lay some really nice carves down.

I will be riding tomorrow (Monday 12/31/12) at north peak first thing in the morning for an hour or so. Hope to see other carvers there.

• 3 weeks later...

1/16/13 I woke up to about 5 inches of snow on the ground this morning. Conditions at MOuntain Creek haven't been so good the last two days due to the recent warm-up. The new snow will help. The next few days call for some great snow making temps. I will be riding Thursday 1/17/13 evening and Saturday morning. Hope to see you all there.

Bring a host of riders this Saturday. Looking to be there by 7:30-8:00. Was on Mountain yesterday. Good coverage, but the icy rain at the top of mountain made it for a short day. But I think I dialed in my BTRs. Marc see you on mount Saturday.

Hey grobm,

I will be there on Saturday morning but I don't know how many more will be there. I went out Thursday and Wednesday night. Wednesday was very soft and not great conditions for carving but fun. Thursday was a little better but only after 5:00 pm when the snow started to stiffen. The top third of the mountain was great but as I rode down to the bottom 2/3rds was soft. Saturday morning should be pretty good. Mountain Creek is currently making snow on the leftmost side of the mountain (riders right) on Great northern. If it is open it should be one of the better trails to ride. See you in the morning.

Hey Jtslalom,

Saw you guys but had a team of newbies so I did not get on the hill again till 10:30-11:00. :-(

I will be at MountainCreek this Wednesday from 9-11:00 in the morning if anyone is down for a little carving.

I will be there from 9-12 ish. Riding hard shells this time. See you on the mt

John

I went riding yesterday afternoon (Thursday 1/24/13) around 3:00 pm until 5:00 pm. WOW, the conditions were incredible. Total Hero snow. Every turn gripped on every slope. There was no ice to be seen any where. I rode from Vernon peak all the way down to Bear peak and back. Yes, Bear is open and the racing trail is in decent shape for carving. I will be spending alot more time riding Bear peak now that the racing trail is open. I will be riding MC on Sunday morning. I would like to start at Bear peak provided they open the lifts at 8:00, if not I will be starting at Vernon peak. Hopefully upper and lower straightaway are open. There will be a few other carvers there as well. Hope to see others.