Note to New Members ×

Powder Updates

slopetool

Man, I'm envious but you all deserve it for working so hard over the Summer, right? In the NW we are paying our dues but we'll get what we deserve very soon.

It seems like the rest of the U.S. has gotten pounded a couple times already. Good for you. Alright, guys and gals, lets hear it.

How deep has it been? First chair? First tracks? I'd be happy to hear how its been... Rub it in too. I can take it. Its okay to say you may have dinged up your board getting the goods too.

our prayers have been finally answered. its snowing in the nearby mountains!

We got freakishly early snow this season in Tahoe. Kirkwood was open on Saturday 10/23 (no pow) and it snowed heavily during the week while the lifts weren't turning. Saturday AM 10/30 I rode trees with my wife in perhaps 18"-24" of settled freshies. I think we were on about the 10th chair. We had friends we were supposed to meet, but they got lost on the way. I wasn't waiting!

Looks like this comming weekend could be OK as well.:D , but I'm a bit worried about the traffic disaster that I will likely suffer through both getting to and returning from Tahoe.:mad:

Originally posted by philfell

I had to cancel Sl training for tomorrow, too much snow. We are going to ride pow instead. Sometimes it's hard to be a snowboarder.

tough life:)

5" new here at Bach...I think its still snowing up there

holiday crowds still here. Early morning is probably all I'll be doin

If you guys and gals have enough energy to respond whenyou get back from all that steep and deep, I'd love to hear about it.

You can bet I'll be raving once we get some here in the PNW.

Bachelor is our best bet so far. How about some Sierra updates or Europe snowfall reports? its kind of mastocistic but I'm a little preoccupied until Tues. and I'm dying to get up there! I wish I was you!

Originally posted by Daneille

Here in Tahoe most everything is still closed. Mt Rose got a storm total of 60" so far. The roads getting to the resorts are also mainly closed. Huge Storm.

Daneille

yea, i heard heavenly got 5 feet of snow in 24 hours... ?

Here at Homewood, in tahoe, there is 55" of new snow at the top and the total depth is 110". I just got back, and it was quite ridiculous. Definitely wore me out quickly.

On a not so great note, I cut a nice backflip and lost my cell phone underneath about 5 feet of powder. Forgot to zip up the pocket. I think the powder stopped my brain from thinking about other things.

Still a fun day. Oh, and I also took a picture of this guy who was buried up to his neck in powder after a nice fall. :) Don't worry about him though.. it was steep enough that he could get himself out.