Note to New Members ×

Season ahoy!

Allee

Rumour has it that Sunshine got 100cm today. Nakiska got 33 on Thu night, and should be more of the same for today. Should all pack down into a very nice base by next weekend.

I'm sitting typing with my new boot liners doing their thing on my feet, and four boards are waxed and ready to be scraped downstairs ... good times.

Sunhine didn't get 100cm though their posts are a little misleading in that regard.. They opened with a 100cm of snowpack, which they admit to embellishing by 2cm. Still pretty impressive for opening day. Nakiska did get 33cm which is crazy for them. I'm hoping this continues the season will be awesome. Even if it doesn't continue, there will be a hell of a good base out there.

Looking forward to being able to get out and ride.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm late to the party but was at Nakiska opening day, then a couple days the following weekend, and again two weeks ago. The hill was actually in really decent shape for late Oct, early Nov. Even had some powder in the glades last time I was out! :D Heading to Lake Louise tomorrow looks like they've got all lifts and about half the runs open.