Note to New Members ×

Has anyone used the DIN toe/heel blocks with their RC10's for aggressive skiing?

Flywalker

Hiya,

Coming home for Christmas and am wondering if l can avoid bringing 2 pairs of boots with me. I have last year's RC10's and a friend has a set of DIN toe/heel blocks that he isn't using. Can I confidently ski as hard as I want with them? How do the boots fare as ski boots?

Plan on doing a lot of skiing AND snowboarding while I am home so if necessary I'll carry 2 pairs of boots. Would be nice if I don't have to, though...

I haven't tried it. What I have tried is a Deeluxe Indy (orange version) with skiboards. I can't imagine the RC10 to be much stiffer than the Indy (especially fore-aft), so I would guess that the answer to your question is NO.

If you do use the DIN blocks, you should make sure to use T-nuts that not just for the heels but for the toe pieces as well.

Edited by Aracan

By all means, please do. I use my UPZ boots exclusively for skiing. Yes, I'm somewhat permanently retired from alpine racing these days. Those UPZ boots are satisfactory for me -- I use Lib Tech NAS skis, so I really don't know how to really answer your question. Your best bet would be to contact Dan Yoja or any other UPZ skiers out on this forum.

EDIT: Oh yeah, T-nutting is ABSOLUTELY MANDATORY for those UPZ boots. Trust me, you don't want to have broken femurs. Uh, it's been a long time but there's a post deep into the past (maybe ... oh my ... 2005-ish) about the T-nuts. The photos are even posted alongside the right size.

Edited by LeeW

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Aracan,

Not sure but l think the newer model RC10's come T-nutted front and back from the factory. Will need to pull a liner and double-check, though.

jskyhawk... check your PMs please (^_^)

I have a pair of 2010-11 UPZ RC10 and 2011-12 UPZ RC10, Both of which came T-nutted in the heels only. The toe mounts directly to the shell with a very coarse screw, the shell plastic does look to be reinforced around the screw holes but definitely not T-nutted.